Can't connect to wifi

when i do nmtui it keeps saying wifi network not found. I use a usb wifi adapter. idk what the problem could be.

Hi @Moon1,

In order for us or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Were you able to connect before?
Has anything changed?
Have you tried with a different/older kernel(s)?

Tip:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

Thank you for the tips, but I can’t copy the terminal output because i dont have internet on that computer.
Also I dont really know the commands to show more info, im a real newbie.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

1. Which info to give is in the link I provided.
  2. Put the info on a thumb drive, or similar, and copy from there wi5th a computer that has internet.

Why are you using nmtui instead of the Desktop Enviornment’s GUI interface?

You don’t have to, I just think it’d be easier.
First things first, reboot the computer.

Verify the network you’re trying to connect to, what’s the SSID? Do you have the passphrase?
Is it a hidden network? You may need to manually add it.

Are you able to find it on your phone?

Do you have the right driver to use the USB Wifi Adapter you’re using?

Oh, hi again Moon, I posted to your other thing, huh.

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information. [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

You can write the output to a file with:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width > ./somefilename.txt