Can not print from HP color laser 2600n

Printer found but I get ‘filter failed’ when sending document to printer.
Can anyone help or do I have to drop this wonderful distro?

newest KDE, printer on USB

Do you have CUPS service running?
(With Stacer you can easily start and stop services. https://github.com/oguzhaninan/Stacer)
I have a HP Laserjet 9000 and I had problems, because the CUPS service was not running.

According to stacer: CUPS is running

I just tried running from a fresh ‘stick’ w. newest Manjaro image: Same problem.
My system is some years old by now. Would it help w. an old kernel?

And you have installed the HP Device Manager? hplip
And do a reboot.

I will do a fresh install of my HP LJ9000 and will tell you more in a few hours.

Was installed (& yes, rebooted), and now updated.

Do you have cups-filters installed?

How to setup a printer in Manjaro

Have no idea - a standard install. Printers - I would imagine - would be auto-detected and the proper software installed (also automatic).

Yes, I have seen the printer setup page, gone through managing printer in both ways.
All is ‘proper’ except it says ‘Filter failed’.
Thank you for taking time with this, but I obviously can not live with a computer unable to print, so within a few days I have to install something else - probably Linux Mint since it installed the printer properly in a test yesterday.

Please post the output of pacman -Q | grep cups

@egmund: This link is outdated, setup has changed.
See here:

Looks like you did not add the printer properly. Did you go in printer setting, added the printer and found the driver for your specific laserjet model? For me it also did not work out of the box, cups and hp app are prerequisites.

It should also find it if you enter the IP address of the printer assuming you print via network printer, e.g. wifi.

cups 1:2.3.3op1-1
cups-filters 1.28.6-1
cups-pdf 3.0.1-5
cups-pk-helper 0.2.6-4
lib32-libcups 2.3.3-1
libcups 1:2.3.3op1-1
python-pycups 2.0.1-3