Call for testers, Jade desktop

how to change the icon themes

can the app dragged to the home screen (widget)
like other DE

Under settings, customize look and feel, changing icon theme might lead to legability issues.

There is no desktop widget, the application view replaces it.

If can drag favourite apps to the dock.

how to change the app scrolling to horizontal
I’ve tried it on css but it doesn’t work

If you want to modify default behaviour and theme then you have to make yourself familiar with CSS and JavaScript as I am not going to have time to make those modifications and present you with the code, there is many ways you can achieve that, but in this case you can look at flexbox horizontal scrolling.

it’s been successful I’ve done it

how to add video to mood background?
background. Can you tell the code

Simple replace one of the videos for the one you want and give it the same name.

I changed it with the same name but the video doesn’t work
as seen in the picture above there is a video marked X

I don’t see the same names on the picture above, it has to be same name as a existent video, also it has to be mp4 format having just mp4 extension won’t work.

Not working

how to change the video background. I’ve changed it to the same name but it doesn’t even work

If is not working it’s because your videos are not in MP4 format, however this section is for bug reports.

can you take a little time to try to replace the video background with the same video name. the video I changed was in mp4 format.

Open one of the videos with Pitivi or Hanbrake check what codec is using and transcode your videos to the same codec, it works on my end.

IMHO is faster to check using mediainfo (also for avoiding to install heavy applications) :slight_smile:

mediainfo ~/Videos/myvideo.mp4 | grep "Codec ID"

Codec ID                                 : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Codec ID                                 : mp4a-40-2
1 Like

how to use

are you not interested in adding the dark mode feature. not html and css can do it

I want to color the background of the .app css elements
and I want the color to be different in each app. What should I do?