Call for testers, Jade desktop

Weird things with mhwd package tool >

1. For some reason password is not required with pamac *like when you use Discover app in KDE in Arch. So you just apply changes in pamac and you get updates installed with one click.

2. Even though you try to change settings for a different keyboard or remove libraries from language packages and apply chages to get them as saved— changes are not saved and keep the install or default changes from live usb which are mixed between languages.

That is intended you only insert your password once, any application that requires polkit won’t ask for your password twice.

The DE itself only supports English at the moment.

On the live usb you are limited on what you can do, and also disk space is bound by ram limit or are you referring to calamaris installer?

this is the correct reply for my statement that changes are not saved, in my case I was pointing to languge deafult settings whenever I changed into Spanish English settings were back as default no matter if I insisted.
Btw I loved the touring assistant, amazing job there , thanks for this soon reply. :slight_smile:

Hello,

what control center GUI have you tried before successfully for JADE or which Control Center GUI would you recommend trying at this stage of JADE development ?

Hey @codesardine, I am currently installing the latest iso (0.4.0) on a VM.

I noticed when I am making the user, I can’t use capital letters for my name at all, only lower case. Small problem for VM, but would be nice to be able to have the first letter capitalized :slight_smile:

This is just my first run, so I’ll let you know if I find something

P.S.
The environment looks GORGEOUS

If i understand correctly a control center as in a centralised area with desktop options as KDE has for example, I have not try any as usually they are bound to their DE and many options may not work.

Let me know what options you feel it might be lacking I might add them in the future.

I don’t think that is normal behaviour for calamaris, it could of be a bad batch at build time since is unstable branch, anyway I will have a look thanks.

Hey @codesardine, I was trying a different OS in VM, which had the same problem while installing it on the VM, but when I actually installed that OS on a computer, there was no problem. This problem getting capital letters could be a problem with Oracle’s VM, and not your OS.

Just so you know.

Just wanted to tell that webdad made my very old laptop emachine just look and work very nice and smooth .Just wanted to thank the developers for this version its like chocolate :smiley: please guys dont abandon this project . had no problems at all 4 these 3 days .still no regrets

Computer
Processor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
Memory 2804MB (1088MB used)

Version
Kernel Linux 5.4.77-1-MANJARO (x86_64)
Version #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 11 12:25:12 UTC 2020
C Library GNU C Library / (GNU libc) 2.32
Distribution Manjaro Linux

3 Likes

hello everybody. since last update I’m having some trouble with the dock panel even the other programs doest act when u click them .its like u are out of ram and cpu but .sometimes the icons have no function, i mean u clck but they are inactive .after 2 3 times of rebootin they work well then .also the button of power menagment is disapired from its place so i shutdown or reboot my comp via terminal . Im on linux 5.4.79-1 lts linux 54 kernel on Jade.these are my troubles for now and the rest is all smooth and lightweight when it works

You have some missing configurations, click restore defaults under settings then:

sudo glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas

That should fix it.

New release is available, if updating fallow steps in my previous post.
This update brings the new logout screen, hybrid installer is not included.

Error parsing key “dock-items” in schema “net.launchpad.plank.dock.settings” as specified in override file “/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/99_manjaro-settings.gschema.override”: 304:expected ‘,’ or ‘]’ to follow array element. Ignoring override for this key.
Failed to create file “/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled.WXB3T0”: Permission denied

Make sure you update first and then apply instructions above and use ( sudo ) before the command, manjaro-jade-settings should be version 2020112 5-1

I don’t know why, but the icon for turning the OS off /Reboot/Suspend… etc went missing. Haven’t found it in settings. I have also not found panel settings in settings. So don’t know what that is about.
I am running this in a VM

Do commands bellow and login back in.

cp -r /etc/skel /home/username && sudo glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas && loginctl terminate-session $XDG_SESSION_ID

This made no difference, still missing the icon. I had to run the command as sudo

I also just found out that the OS doesn’t keep my keyboard language layout, it defaults to English on each boot

It is now on plank next to rubbish bin last icon.

log

1 Like

No such logo on my desktop
Screenshot_20201125_172617

Open nautilus and drag /usr/share/applications/org.jade.desktop.exit.desktop to your dock.