Bluetooth module not working after reinstall

I reinstalled Manjaro with the latest version yesterday with kde 6. Since then I’m not able to turn on my bluetooth to connect to anything. I use an Asus laptop, it used to work fine with older versions of Manjaro, the latest reinstall sparked this issue for me and a couple of friends.

sudo dmesg | grep -i bluetooth

[    8.704410] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
[    8.704427] NET: Registered PF_BLUETOOTH protocol family
[    8.704430] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[    8.704433] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[    8.704436] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[    8.704440] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[    8.807437] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for mediatek/BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1a_2_hdr.bin failed with error -2
[    8.807441] Bluetooth: hci0: Failed to load firmware file (-2)
[    8.807442] Bluetooth: hci0: Failed to set up firmware (-2)
[    8.807443] Bluetooth: hci0: HCI Enhanced Setup Synchronous Connection command is advertised, but not supported.
[    9.958191] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[    9.958192] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[    9.958196] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized

sudo inxi --bt-tool hciconfig

speed/min/max: 867/800/4600 MHz Kernel: 6.9.0-1-MANJARO x86_64 Up: 36m
Mem: 4/15.3 GiB (26.1%) Storage: 1.39 TiB (0.8% used) Procs: 309 Shell: Sudo
inxi: 3.3.34

rfkill

ID TYPE      DEVICE      SOFT      HARD
 0 bluetooth hci0   unblocked unblocked
 1 wlan      phy0   unblocked unblocked

Hi @plshelpme123, and welcome!

In order for us, or anyone for that matter, to be able to provide assistance, more information is necessary. To that end, please see:

Please also note and heed: Forum Rules - Manjaro

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Please edit your post accordingly.

I found a temporary solution to this issue.
Downgrading the kernel seems to help for now. The linux69 kernel was somehow creating an issue and downgrading the kernel to linux68 helped.
I read on some arch forums that it could be fixed by creating a symlink for the file

BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1a_2_hdr.bin

linked to the older file

BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1_2_hdr.bin

This seems to have worked for others without downgrading their kernel but didnt for me. So i hope it helps anyone who is facing a similar issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.