Battery icon is constantly in charging mode

Even when I’m disconnecting the cable, reconnecting, etc.
Clicking the icon shows the laptop battery is discharging above the progress bar to the right but the icon remains with the charging icon.

Sadly I can’t embed an image or even link to an image so I’ll let your imagination run wild.

Should I report that?
Where to?

Thank you!

Hello and welcome on the forum.
Looking the dashboard of the system and click right on the arrow for open the settings on the box of applications. After, turn the icon of battery in “show is apposite” mode.

2 Likes

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

If the above didn’t work, what’s the output of:

sudo tlp-stat --battery

:question:

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome, sadly I’ve lost all my credits from the previous forums so I seem new although I’ve been around for several years.
I’ve installed acpi_call for recalibration, a restart will load the module so I’ll rerun your command after restart.

Just pay attention to the fact that both plasmoid and the command show that the status is Discharging, the problem is only the icon itself (I can’t add screenshots sadly).

Read this:

I’m TL1 now, I was pretty trusted in the old forums so I didn’t think it should be a problem.

batt_notification

I hope that explains what I’m experiencing.

Totally weird: like the other icon is missing or so…

What happens if you:

• log off and log on again while unplugged?
  • create a new user, log in there while plugged in and then unplug?

:thinking:

Sometimes I’m seeing the icon without the power plug on it while discharging but it happens in rare cases or when the battery is low.

:question: