Battery icon is constantly in charging mode

So that’s why: you’ll get the same message between 96 and 100%, however, I cannot confirm how many cells your battery has from the output above… :frowning:

No Problem, Gie problèm, Aucun problème, Kein Problem, Nessun problema, Нет проблем! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the explanation!! :grinning:

I’m going to monitor it the next days, and if the issue returns I’ll post again with more info…

Best regards!! :grinning:

1 Like

I put in the ‘inxi’ line you sent and came out with this for ‘Battery’:

Battery:
ID-1: BAT0 charge: 20.3 Wh condition: 48.7/45.6 Wh (107%) volts: 7.5/7.6
model: GDPT CN6613-2S3P type: Unknown serial: status: Charging
Device-1: hidpp_battery_0
model: Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse serial:
charge: 100% (should be ignored) rechargeable: yes status: Discharging

I don’t see any indication there are 2 batteries.

1 Like

discharge your battery. remove battery. shut down your system . start your system/ shutdown your system without battery . reconnect battery and start system. i used to get this problem in linuxmint. if it is a problem with the rom in the battery.

1 Like

I spoke to a support person and they told me to hold down the power button while my laptop was off and wait for the red indicator light to blink out then release. After that, the charging indicator light works fine. Seems it was a mechanical issue after all.

1 Like

What is your laptop model?

My laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad X280.

Sometimes happens, sometimes not… :thinking:

1 Like

I have this issue in Thinkpad T490s and the side red light is always on , even after shutdown. And even after holding the power button no red light blinks. Anyone got any other solution.

That’s a totally different issue: Please open a new topic and include the output of:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
sudo tlp-stat --battery

Thanks i solved it by completly discharging the battery once.

1 Like