Hello ARM community.
First update after our 22.06 release!
Plasma 5.25 is here!
- Most of our kernels got updated
- Firefox updated to 102.0.1
- Thunderbird updated to 91.11.0
- QT5 updated to 5.15.5
- KDE Plasma updated to 5.25.2
- Plasma Mobile Gear updated to 22.06
- Gnome updated to 42.3
- Megapixels updated to 1.5.2
- Element Desktop updated to 1.11.0
- Added Mattermost Desktopo to repository
- Lots of updated packages for our Mobile offerings
- The regular Python updates
- And regular updates from upstream
How to get Waydroid working
If you follow these steps, you should have Waydroid working fine.
Remember, Waydroid only works on wayland!
waydroid-imageand all it’s dependencies.
- You should now be able to launch Waydroid. The first launch takes a while.
How to use Kodi RPI on Manjaro ARM
If anyone wants to test kodi on the rpi, install these packages:
sudo pacman -S kodi-rpi kodi-rpi-dev kodi-rpi-eventclients kodi-rpi-tools-texturepacker libcec-rpi linux-rpi4 xf86-video-fbdev
This means the kodi.service file need to replace whatever login manager you have installed. In my case I would:
sudo systemctl disable lightdm.service
sudo systemctl enable kodi.service
They recommend removing custom configs in config.txt. We ran into an issue if a value was set with gpu_mem=.
My config.txt with a bit of overclocking:
over_voltage=5 arm_freq=2000 #gpu_mem=64 #disable this initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel kernel=kernel8.img arm_64bit=1 disable_overscan=1 #enable sound dtparam=audio=on hdmi_drive=2 #enable vc4 dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 #max_framebuffers=2 #disable cause kodi uses more disable_fw_kms_setup=1
The default user will be kodi
kodi home directory will be /var/lib/kodi
So put test video in /var/lib/kodi/Videos so you can get to it
after setting up the video directory in kodi.
If you used the Manjaro ARM Installer or is using PinePhone or PineTab, you need to redo your passwords, because of an update to
Arch Linux - News: Sorting out old password hashes
Chromium will loose sync support in early March:
Arch Linux - News: Chromium losing Sync support in early March
ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention
zn_poly packages requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: nss>=3.51.1-1 and lib32-nss>=3.51.1-1 updates require manual intervention
Arch Linux - News: zn_poly 0.9.2-2 update requires manual intervention
firewalld requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: hplip 3.20.3-2 update requires manual intervention
Arch Linux - News: firewalld>=0.8.1-2 update requires manual intervention
(Sun Jul 10 18:57:09 CEST 2022)
- arm-stable community aarch64: 788 new and 760 removed package(s)
- arm-stable core aarch64: 60 new and 60 removed package(s)
- arm-stable extra aarch64: 577 new and 670 removed package(s)
- arm-stable kde-unstable aarch64: 394 new and 393 removed package(s)
See the full package list here
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
- Run this command to switch branch:
sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in #manjaro-arm:arm-testing-updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: