So recently I updated(somewhere over 200 packages). Tuesday I restart plasma since the plasmashell process was consuming over 1GB of memory. Ever since this restart KDE is glitchy at best and unusable at worst.
I have a recording(which I apperently can’t link to here) to try to show what’s happening. If I had to describe it things show up out of scale, then correct, text appears as some icons disappear, icons disappear, the whole process repeats. This is with the task bar, kde menu, settings application, etc. It doesn’t appear to affect any normal application such as chrome, ksysguard, konsole, dolphin, etc.
Also along with this, some apps(such as manjaro hello), nolonger theme correctly, and Konsole somehow got set to the system’s default of Noto Sans.
I assume because of the repeating patterns something is repeatedly crashing and attempting to reload, but I’m unable to determine what from. Additionally, I created a fresh user and it has the same issue. So the issue is not with my user’s config.