Share with us any innovative ideas you might have.
Please read before requesting the addition of a package to the Manjaro repos:
Be aware: unless there’s an obvious need (or e.g. the package is unique) the answer will probably be “no”, and especially so if it’s already in the AUR.
Maintaining packages take a lot of time. Adding a package is not a one-off event and requires work by the package maintainer. Therefore, unless the package maintainer uses the software it’s very unlikely they will maintain a new package.
General points “for” inclusion might include:
- Serves unique function/use-case
- Adds a definite benefit to a wide range of users
- Actively maintained but infrequent updates
- I use it
General points “against” inclusion might include:
- Another alternative already available in the repos (e.g. browsers, media players)
- Niche (e.g. scientific software)
- Proprietary or restrictive license
- Old, outdated, unmaintained, AUR package
- High-frequency/daily updates (e.g.
- Unreleased/pre-release software