Include Anydesk or Teamviewer to the official Manjaro repositories

Greetings to all.

I create the following topic to consult with the community the possibility of integrating and including in the official Manjaro repos one or both of the most popular graphical remote access software. Anydesk or TeamViewer. In my line of work they are widely used since we use multiple systems, they exist in flatpak anydesk and in AUR.

But I was wondering if it was possible to make a stronger integration to the system in case it was included in the official repos.

Do you think it is an option?, oh is it unnecessary?

Both teamviewer and anydesk are available from the AUR already — the latter even in a binary version.

So in order to avoid conflicts, it would probably not be a good idea to add them to our own repos — or at least, in my personal opinion, but I’m neither a packager nor a developer. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Please see:

Both programs are proprietary, so we will not be including them in our repos.

The AnyDesk Terms & Conditions do not allow redistribution:

4. Usage Rights and Software Integration

4.1 The server software used by ANYDESK in accordance with the respective provisions of the written offer for the provision of a communication server in the Customer’s company network is protected by copyright and may only be used by the Customer for the purpose described in the offer; the server software may not be duplicated, distributed or made available to third parties in any other form.

1 Like