With Vivaldi > 4.2, Google Spreadsheets look blank

Since I upgraded Vivaldi to version 4.2, Google Spreadsheets appear blank, like in the image below.

The content is still there: if you select the cell you see the number or text, but it can’t be visualized otherwise. I’ve tried disabling all extensions, but the problem is still there. I’ve email the Vivaldi team and they got back to me saying they can’t reproduce the problem, so I’m pretty much out of ideas, any help is appreciated.

The only thing that works for now is downgrading to Vivaldi 4.1, but I can’t do that forever.

Looks like a theme issue, where the text color is the same as the background color.

You can just make out the white text in the grey row.

I think I have found the solution.

I used a custom command to launch Vivaldi, in order to have hardware-accelerated video decoding. The command was

/usr/bin/vivaldi-stable --use-gl=desktop --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder

With version 4.2, hardware acceleration has been implemented in Vivaldi, and it can be activated in vivaldi://flags. So I have returned to the command

/usr/bin/vivaldi-stable

activated hardware acceleration in vivaldi://flags, and… the problem is gone. I suspect the option --use-gl=desktop was responsible for the issue, but I haven’t investigated further.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.