Wine issues in 20.1

Hi All,

Just switched over from Fedora 32 and so far I’m really impressed with Manjaro. VERY polished OS that works effortlessly and incredibly sleek. I’m extremely happy. My only issue that I’m having is bringing over my one Windows application that I must have for my job - Cisco’s CCX Editor (call center scripting tool). It did work in F32 fine and it installed fine in Manjaro (20.1 DE-KDE) but when I run it it locks up. After killing the process and running from cli I see the error is coming from:

wine "C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_1162\CiscoUnifiedCCXEditor.exe"  
    INTEL-MESA: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysct    dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

INTEL-MESA: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

INTEL-MESA: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

0024:err:module:open_builtin_file failed to load .so lib "/usr/lib32/wine/l3codeca.acm.so"
0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0118:fixme:font:find_matching_face Untranslated charset 255
0128:fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (00208B38): semi-stub
0128:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0002006A, 00208B38): stub
0128:fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETCOMPOSITIONWINDOW
0128:fixme:imm:ImeHandleNotify WM_IME_NOTIFY:IMN_SETCOMPOSITIONWINDOW
0118:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
0118:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for pfx import/export
0118:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
0118:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for pfx import/export
0150:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 7BC60340 "../wine/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0150, blocked by 0118, retrying (60 sec)
0154:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 7BC60340 "../wine/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0154, blocked by 0118, retrying (60 sec)
0158:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 7BC60340 "../wine/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0158, blocked by 0118, retrying (60 sec)
015c:err

I installed winetricks as well as libgnutls but still get the same error. I also tried to run with wine64 but to no avail. Anyone have ideas?

Try to setup your application in Lutris and see if you get better result? Also it is preferable to do it this way so you can keep a stable Wine prefix, that will not change after every Manjaro/WINE update if you want to have a more reliable Windows application.

Maybe Fedora doesn’t use the same WINE version as Manjaro? Try to find the differences maybe?
Did you install also the lib32 gnutls?

The Lutris setup is worth a try. You can select various WINE version and can also easily set lot of options from GUI.

//EDIT:

Maybe you also simply need to install the prerequisites for this specific application too? Some application require dotNet or things like that.

Lutris is a great idea that I’d not heard of or used. I’ve had issues with some things in the past after wine updates - as we all have. I pulled that package down and pointed it to the files but it tell me, “no file provided.” I’ve not read any of the documentation on this so I’ll definitely be playing with this a little later. I queried using pacman for all libgnutls and I found that I had installed SEVERAL variables and add-ons to it but I did not have the 32-bit version. Pulled that one down and voila, it’s running now. Thanks for calling that out specifically and for the Lutris intro!

1 Like

The best thing I love about Lutris is that you separate each Windows application inside its own environment, it is not shared with all the applications and avoids a LOT of issues sometimes, when an application requires some XXX prerequisite to be installed, and another application require YYY prerequisite that interfere or conflicts with XXX. In Lutris no worry, your WINE prefix is specific to each application.

That and also the fact that for a lot of Windows application (mostly GAMES though) there are pre-made install scripts that will prepare everything inside Lutris for you, you just need to click click :slight_smile:

https://lutris.net/about/

It can be a little confusing to configure your own setup for an application, but there are a lot of help on the internet I think to get you started using it.

After all, if your basic system WINE setup works, you can also not worry about Lutris :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.