Wifi suddenly stopped working (no available connections)

Hi! I am a new user to Manjaro Linux, having used it for about 3 weeks so far. I’m also relatively new to Linux distributions, so I apologize for any technical struggles.

So far, I’ve never struggled with connecting to networks – it’s always been really simple and straightforward (I think Manjaro handles the drivers). However, earlier today I put my computer to sleep and awoke with the wifi network card completely unoperatipnal - meaning I can’t connect to the internet! I also am getting a lot of errors for some reason.

I think a potential reason would be me force shutting down my system by holding the power key just before as a process was freezing up. Im sure its probably a small fix, but I don’t really know how to troubleshoot such a thing. My current system is a Dell XPS 15 laptop with a Qualcomm QCA6390 network controller. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @Arjuntina ,
I wonder whether you could post the following terminal commands:

nmcli networking -a
nmcli device -a
nmcli connection -a

The last command will show the available wifi networks nearby or saved.

You can also try to use the terminal command, in order to connect you computer to internet.

nmtui

You will enter in a text based interface and configure the connection manually.

You can also read this post in order to give us some additional information.

[HowTo] Provide System Information

Hope it help, regards

Thank you so much for your quick reply and thoughtful suggestions! I was able to get it working again thanks to your help :slight_smile: