Why is my backgound totally black and why doesn't right-click work?

On Virtual Desktop 1, desktop backgrounds are OK and right-click works.

However, when I switch to Virtual Desktop 2, 3, 4, the background is totally black and right-click doesn’t do anything.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

1 Like

Also curious about this. Seems to happen occasionally when my screens come out of stand-by. Reboot fixes it temporarily.
Typically it affects only one of my 3 screens.

1 Like

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information. [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

Same issue already posted months ago:

Still getting black screen on logon screen after switching to single monitor setup and reinstalling Manjaro KDE.
Something’s still wrong.

I also noticed that if you have multiple virtual desktops, in some virtual desktops, the desktop looks good with background and popup menu, but on some is black and no popup menu what is called as “Zombie Desktop” in KDE lingo.

In the image, desktop on Virtual Desktop 1 was OK, but not on Virtual Desktop 2, 3, and 4.

Screenshot_20220410_161728-1

Also added comments on upstream bug.
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353975

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.16.14-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 15,6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series