Why is it doing this, odd open in VLC issue

I installed to a new drive. everything is about like it was, but when I right click a video & open in VLC, it logs me out then^takestakes me to the login screen again. I would restore a timeshift, but that was created on my old drive. I don’t want to not beable to boot.

Check your settings for video files (file associations).
For example in KDE:

Followed by checking the VLC entry in that listing,(Edit option)

It might also be a wrong setting of the app you use, in which you right click…

How can I make it all dak mode again, that has to do with OS theme right? Can’t I just copy & paste .themes from my old drive to have it like it was (I want all windows dark)?

No need to copy over, just select your theme, it’s already installed…
(Anyhow that’s another topic)

Hmmm, when I open in VLC (In the app) it boots me to login also. In Properties of a .mp3 I checked vlc & firefox are set to open the file & it opens in Firefox, so why does VLC do the boot to log in? Une more question to have all windows in dark mode, that has to do with OS theme right? I have a fw windows that are not in dark mode.

good afternoon and happy day

I don’t know if it’s related but…

I observed that my Vlc failed to open the videos and the window was closed automatically, I changed the video output to Vdpau (as the link says) and it was solved.

Now I need to get all of VLC in dark mode the menu & all windows in vlc. Can you help with that? VLC on my old linux is set up roght, how do I bring those settings over?

Good afternoon…

Xfce:

Go to Kvantum manager > application themes > Select the dark theme you want to have > type vlc in the “applications” box and save. you will get the dark theme then.pplication themes > Select the dark theme you want to have > type vlc in the “applications” box and save. you will get the dark theme then.

In kde it works without kv and in mate not tested

Kvantum is a theme engine for Qt4/Qt5 and KDE, thus if the normal Theme selection of KDE doesn’t change it for VLC, it means VLC is using Qt.

So any QT-Theme configuration helper would allow you to change the theme to be used. :wink:

:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.