Welcome and introduce yourself - 2024

Hi,
I have come back to Manjaro after a a 12 year break during which I have experimented with different Arch-based distros. I stopped using Manjaro during a period of transition, where it seemed to have lost direction. I played around with arch-based installers and helped out a little on the Architect forum until Carl Duff decided to drop the project. I seem to have turned full circle and I have been pleasantly surprised with the current release which was easy and fast to install.

4 Likes

Back to Manjaro after a few years distro hopping other Arch flavors. Currently using Manjaro Gnome and both me and my kids are loving it.

Also decided to really test Flatpaks this time around. After installing a couple dozen flatpaks I’m surprised at how smooth everything is running.

i was wondering, are there any hangouts for Manjaro users? It use to be the forum before there were changes and it appears the forum is focused on being a technical site now.

1 Like

Look in the Member Hub.

It’s telling me that page doesn’t exist

Whoops

I suspect you’re not yet Trust Level 1, seeing as I’m there right now:

https://forum.manjaro.org/c/member-hub/117

Don’t worry, if you stick around, you’ll soon be Trust Level 1.

I meant Trust Level 2, sorry.

Thank you, I’m looking up Trust Level and finding out the requirements now.

Found an FAQ I’m reading now.

EDIT: Never mind, that was a post saying they should add info on Trust Levels to the FAQ

EDIT2: Everything is good, I just got notification and completed the training for TL2. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
David is 45 and lives in Aubenas in the south of France.
I switched to the wonderful world of Linux with Ubuntu in 2007 and since then I’ve installed quite a few GNU/Linux machines for my friends. Manjaro has become my favourite system. I do a bit of tinkering but I don’t have the in-depth knowledge of the community :wink:
big up to you !

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am Timo and new to the Manjaro world. So far, I really like what I see. I really look forward to dig into all that information here in this forum. Many thanks to you for providing all that information in such a pleasant way!

Greetings from Lingen (Germany)
Timo

2 Likes

Hello. I have been linuxing for about 20 years or so. All debian derived or mandrake spins. This is my first time using something arch and it is in second place on my internal SSD waiting for Linux mint cinnamon to screw up :slight_smile:

I used to be much more active in forums even helping but I am retired IT so can’t help myself from still getting involved in forums but mostly only asking now. I just survived my first update without a clue other than what they posted to fix the update error. So far so good!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Benjamin Former Linux System User, Have Used Other Distro Before Now I return to Linux System

Hey! I use Manjaro for 2 reasons: KDE and that I want to be able to say “I use arch btw” every chance I get.

Sorry, then you’re using Manjaro for the wrong reason. You’ll have to use Arch if you want to do that.

While based on Arch, Manjaro and any other derivative is not Arch.

Either way, welcome to the forum and enjoy our KDE edition.

1 Like

Don’t be so fast to classify yourself as more than a mere mortal. Unless your name is Linus Torvalds.

We’re all just normal people.

3 Likes

OK, then Normal+, snowflake.

:wink:

2 Likes

And I was just kidding, my man!

Life is to serious all the time and quite boring because of that. I have, however, kind of perfected the art of sneaky jabs, like above, that might look as if I’m serious. It’s a lot of fun on its own. So with that in mind:

GOTCHA! :smile:

Speak for yourself, hoo-maan. :stuck_out_tongue:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hello !

I switched this week to manjaro in order to get a better grasp of Unix environment.

I studied and worked in biology and I want to learn more about bioinformatics and computational biology.

Have a good day ^^

1 Like

Greetings :wave:

A newbie that has started its journey through Linux, with Manjaro. Mostly interested in Linux to breath new life to older hardware and start disassociating from Windows and its ever increasing hardware requirements.

Looking forward to learning new stuff here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve used Manjaro on and off for about four years. I’ve used the gnome environment on every distro. So a couple months ago I decided to give Kde and Xfce a try. Now I have Manjaro with Xfce on both desktops and both my laptops. If they ever port the Arm to Pixel I’ll be in my own little happy place.

Thank you Manjaro team and its great community.

2 Likes

Just a hello to get my first post out of the way :slight_smile:

25 years with Linux, over ten with Manjaro and still learning.

5 Likes