Welcome and introduce yourself - 2023

Hello, my name is Patrick. I’m a 45 year old Manager for a medical equipment supplier. I’ve been using Manjaro KDE Plasma for about 2 years now after distro hopping for another 3. Outside of work I’ve gleefully completely ditched Windows. I love Manjaro, absolutely the best disro I’ve used. Just signed up for the forum to report an annoyance after the last update, I’ve had so few problems it was the first time I’ve felt the need.

One thing I will say that sets Manjaro apart for me is the stability and ease of use when compared to Ubuntu or Kodi, two disros that advertise on stability and ease of use.

1 Like

Some Aussie who is interested in game development.

Switched to Linux because I got bored of using Windows as my main operating system.

1 Like

Hey! I’m a 19 year computer science major and I work for a non profit dedicated to help teachers use cognitive science findings to improve their pedagogy. I’m building an online forum for them and I really like the design of this forum.

Hello all,
My name is Les. I’m a retired Software support tech. and Linux Hobbyist. I’ve recently downloaded and installed Manjaro Gnome on an external SSD and dual boot it with Windows 10 on a 6yr old MSI workstation laptop that won’t run Win 11. I have 2 other Distros running on older Laptops. So far I really
like Manjaro the best and hope to learn Linux enough to try an Arch installation sometime in the future.
Eventually I want to stop using Windows completely. Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

1 Like

Hi. Just registered, i am a software architect using Manjaro on a 16" LG Gram with an Intel Core i7 1260P. No big issues at present, also relatively new to Linux (~1 year), so i registered to try and optimize the laptop for the smoothest experience possible and also solve the remaining small issues.

Hi everyone,
i’m Daniel from Chile and a “lover” of linux maybe about 16 years ago, my first interactions with this os was maybe 17 years ago but i so… sooo far to be a linux pulished technician, all i know it if is a god he/she/it/us is using Linux based powers
have a pretty printf(date); :sweat_smile:
see you around

Hello Everyone,
I’m new to Manjaro but not new to Linux, it was my main ride for some 20 odd years, I multibooted more distros than I can remember.
I have been away from it since the Pandemic began (work from home and Windows was the only option) and now I feel like a Newbie.
So far I’m loving Manjaro (I really like KDE).
I have run into one technical issue but I’ll post it elsewhere.

1 Like

Hi!

I’m Emmanuel, a French FLOSS enthusiast without any serious technical backrground. Manjaro was my first Linux experience (maybe 3 years ago), and if I tried other systems in VMs or spare hardware, I stick with it with great pleasure.

Hi, I’m Max a frenetic and frantic distro hopper until I met Manjaro, I found in here all I need, so thank you to settle me down :sweat_smile: Very fast and stable, my Intel Arc GPU a 5600x CPU and some 3600mhz memory have found a perfect Bond whit manjaro :clap:

1 Like

Hi! I actually joined before I had Manjaro installed as I was waiting for my Beelink to arrive. Funny thing, about five minutes before I received my mini, a transformer blew and I had to wait until I tried my new Beelink out. It had Windows 11 Pro installed on it but I began having issues with it during the updates and as I was planning to install Manjaro on it already, I gave up trying to update and just popped in my Manjaro install USB. This went a lot smoother and even the updates installed flawlessly, including a kernel update and here I am!

4 Likes

I tried Mint xfce for a while in my old Dell Netflix lappy. I eventually cloned a drive with my KDE install and now the lappy runs KDE too.

Hi everyone,
I am retr0 and I love Manjarro so much that’s why I even join the community. I have been using Linux for the past 5 years and never looked back. Thanks for all your post in the forum it helps a lot and I’m glad to be part of the community.

2 Likes

Yo! I’m Chi! I’m not new to manjaro because I already installed it in a vm on my old pc. Hoping to install it on my newly built machine down the road.

Hi there, I recently installed Manjaro and I appreciate it more and more, before I was using Windows 10

2 Likes

I learned a lot about Manjaro trying to install it on a 2015 Macbook a few years ago. Then ended up using Ubuntu for two years on a Thinkpad. Just switched back to Manjaro XFCE a few weeks ago and I know that I made the right choice.

I like to program in Python and am starting to work on some application development.

Looking forward to using the forums more.

Hello!
I have started actively using Manjaro again in June of this year after finally getting a replacement to my old laptop that died on me awhile back. I primarily use Windows 10 on a separate desktop, however I’ve been starting to like it less and less and would like to eventually switch to using linux primarily, although it may take awhile for I would still consider myself quite new to linux in general.

1 Like

George, I’m here to get away from that other OS.

2 Likes

Hola!
Quick Summary, I’m an old Unix geek, cut my teeth on Solaris and HPUX back in the day. I have run multiple versions Linux and ran Gentoo for a couple of years. Anyway I retired early back in 2019 and have ended up in Guatemala (love it here). I transitioned to a MacBook Pro (spent a bloody fortune) since I planned on doing a lot of Video editing. Anyway big mistake, major heat issues and my MacBook took a dump (only 4 yo) and I swear I will never buy another Apple product.

Anyways I’m coming back to my beloved Linux and I’ve been checking on Manjaro in vmware, I’m impressed. I love rolling releases like Gentoo but I don’t wanna be compiling all the time :wink: Anyways I’m impressed and look forward to exploring it more.

5 Likes

Hi I’m hiking, Manjaro is my first non Ubuntu based distro apart from a brief play around on Fedora. I am hoping to be confident enough to install Arch at some point soon and I use Linux for everything but gaming. I did spend 6 months gaming on Linux and it’s almost there but just a bit too much of a struggle sometimes for my tastes.

Hi I’m John, probably like most of you I’ve been using Linux for many years, considering it the best solution available to me. I’m into programming, and I try to reach out to a variety of places on the web where you can not only get valuable information, but also share your experience.