Welcome and introduce yourself - 2023

Well, welcome to Manjaro then, and nice to see you again. :wink:

1 Like

Hello, My Name Is Tommy or Tj, whatever you want to call me even call me Tommy Tj or just call me Geno or Genocide, It’s Genocide means it is code because code is genocide, you can create it manipulate it to whatever i always thought that was a cool username and gamertags for myself except on PSN, anything bombs is not allowed due to voice chat and freaking the user out, but yeah i even go by SF-Rocker on gaiaonline.com is my favorite website to mingle and chat with folks across the world,i began as a kid learning visual basic 2006,2008,2010 and never learned c# but always wanted to now i am intrigued to buy me some PyQT5 and PYQT6 books on how to use PYQT Designer and implement code kind of like Visual Studio but for linux and only linux. i am happy to start up terminal during the day, even if its a snap or a FlatHub File i love to figure it out except for old school runescape i gave up on lag time with that one … anyway Nice to meet Eveeryone Greetings from Texas :smiley:

I’m Alice, a multi-OS user. I just switch to Manjaro as my daily driver recently because all other distros nuked my Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 sooooo bad (yup, that’s my most-used device). Audio issues with Ubuntu, GNOME issues in Raspbian, performance issues with Fedora, touch issues with Debian, but all fine here, except I have to make some little tricks when working with phosh.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Llenlewag, adminsys and teacher from France. Must admit than I teach Debian to my students for servers. But I prefer Manjaro for my desktop : always up-to-date and AUR is a real advantage.
See you !

Good Day ish everybody.
Doug is the name, from the tiny little place called New Zealand.
Running Manjaro kde at this point with a small issue.
Try to work through,but last up date has stopped my second hard drive mounting…does anyone have advice…

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I’m sure someone does, indeed. You’ll find out if you create a new topic in the Support area of our forum. :wink:

There, you’ll be able to provide more details to help us help you. Please see [HowTo] Request support.

Faisal from Pakistan. I have lost my previous ID because I have now installed Manjaro after many years. Now I’m here again to contribute, learn, share, discuss etc.

Hi all
David here from Santa Rosa in the San Francisco Bay area. Long time Linux user. New i3-manjaro fanatic.

Greetings. My name is Henrique, I live in the south of Brazil. I’ve been a ‘Linuxer’ since 2018 and i started using Manjaro recently. I always preferred the Cinnamon version because of this version
have pre-installed my favorite browser: Vivaldi.
At first, when I started using Manjaro, I had some difficulties. In distributions previous Linux, I installed the programs through the “deb” file. Manjaro was the first distribution that I used that doesn’t work with “deb” files and I had to research a lot to install certain programs. Over time I learned, got to know each other and today it means a lot for me to be a user of this incredible European Linux distribution. I still have some questions and I hope to count on your help whenever possible.
Much peace to all of you, thank you for your attention.

1 Like

hi im new at this linux so yea. im kai. nice to meet all of u on this community

Namaste and Hello everyone. This is Jay from Nepal. I am back in Manjaro after about 5 years of break. Returning, I noticed my previous password does not work for this forum, resetting it failed; so I created a new one here.
Bought a new laptop Thinkpad T480, where I wiped the storage with windows. Tried with few other distros but finally I decided to rest in Manjaro KDE. Hope we all cooperate as usual.

1 Like

Hello, my name is WZwijger. I am from the Netherlands and use online translators, as my English is not great. I have been working with Linux for some time, however the first time now I am working with Manjaro. I chose this distribution because Manjaro has more recent software than distributions like Linux Mint. I have some knowledge of the command line, the package manager is completely new to me. Fortunately, I have already found an online explanation. Other than that, I rely on the software centre and updater. I mainly use Flatpaks, the AUR is turned on, but is my last choice to choose software from. I use the KDE version with Wayland. I enjoy working with different operating systems. I am familiar with Windows, MacOS and ChromeOS. I use what I need, but have a fondness for Free and Open Source, because it puts good computing within reach for people who have fewer financial options. I understand that Free and OpenSource does not mean ¨gratis¨, but in practice it often does. Besides, I think this is a nice counterbalance to the big tech companies. Above all, I hope to find a helpful and pleasant community here. I will try to contribute, as far as my knowledge goes. Thanks for reading my post. Regards, WZwijger

Hello everybody,

my name is Andre and I live in Bergkamen / Nordrhein Westfalen / Germany aka “im Pott”.

After I recently read about the new Microsoft service contract, I prepared myself for a move to Linux (backups etc). Besides work, I used to play various stuff with the computer, but less and less in the last years. And even though I will miss that on Linux - there are no other options due to the new service contract. With your help, I’m sure I’ll be able to get one or two games running here.

I look forward to many inspiring encounters and interesting conversations with you!
In my case it will probably end up in “Argh this and that doesn’t work, help!”, but I’m sure there’s a corner for that here too :slight_smile:

Greetings from Bergkamen
Andre

1 Like

Hallo I’m Arek and live in Poland,new to Linux but find it extremely nice and clear system, well let the adventure begin :wink:

Hello everyone,

my name is Chris, and I’ve got an on-off relationship with linux since … when was SuSE 7.2 released again? First encounter with linux was to accidentally wipe my hard drive and end up with a PC that didn’t boot … So, back to Windows - and a lesson learned to always have recent backups.

I tried out several distros, but none of them really stuck. Fast forward to about three years ago: I looked for a distro that gave me ntfs support, and the possibility to boot the system from an encrypted drive and btrfs file system because of the deduplication feature… and Manjaro was the one that offered everything with an easy setup application.

And now I have dedicated machines to only run linux OS. Windows … is banned onto a pure gaming machine - only because GOG doesn’t have a linux client, and most of my Steam library doesn’t appear to work on linux. But constant dripping wears away rock…

1 Like

Hola soy Lopez y llevo varios años usando linux, recientemente uso manjaro linux espero poder brindar mi ayuda a quien lo necesite e y también que alguien me eche una mano a mi.
gracias un saludo

1 Like

Hello together,
I’m Tobias and use Manjaro/Linux mostly in a private context since around 3 years. Came from Windows and switched step by step to Linux. Started with a dual boot with WIndows to test Linux, I ended up with using Manjaro as my main OS. I would categorize my Linux knowledge as intermediate and willingly to learn more. I’m mainly focused on every day usage issues since this my use case.

Joined the forum because it helped me a lot in the past and I want to share my issues and/or solutions to get help or help others with my experiences.

I’m a native german speaker but will use english as it reaches more people overall. So there will be probably slightly wrong grammar or spelling in my posts.

Looking forward to be part of the forum.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Kalvin Carefour Johnny, but you can call me Kalvin. I go by the username @kefeury. I work in agriculture as a self-employed individual. I installed Manjaro Linux with the Cinnamon desktop a few months ago. I made the switch from Ubuntu MATE on my low-spec 2019 laptop because it was running too slow. Manjaro Cinnamon has been a game-changer for me. The desktop environment is incredibly user-friendly, and the “pamac” package manager makes it so easy to install software. Enabling AUR has been a great addition, saving me from having to compile apps or themes myself. I started using Ubuntu back in 2017 but fully transitioned to Manjaro in 2023. While I still consider myself a Linux and Manjaro beginner, I’m eager to learn and improve.

2 Likes

Your spelling and grammar is much better than a lot of native English speakers I’ve come across.

Hi everyone!