Welcome and introduce yourself - 2022

Hi, i m a hardware enthusiast interested in “gaming in linux”, only used Manjaro for half and a year and just discovered manjaro forum, i ll try to ask questions about personalization and emulation.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve always wanted to start using a Linux distro. Now that I have a new laptop for university, it would probably be a good idea to try it and use Neovim. After having graphical problems with Lubuntu, Manjaro XFCE became very reliable and holds as my first Linux distro a special place for me.

Hope I can learn a lot an contribute to this community.

3 Likes

So far the best Linux distro I’ve used!

2 Likes

Welcome I also leaved mickysoft 8 months ago. The most useful tip I can give you, learn Timeshift backup. Use it automatic or as I do manual Before you do any changes to the system. That way when anything goes wrong you can always rollback. If you can, have that Timeshift on another partition.

3 Likes

Greetings from Dolomiti! I’m Linux user since golden age '90s and currently I work about video survelliance and networking site with Ubiquiti and firewall security like pfSense, I’m also electrican.
Here for share my experience with Manjaro and my new Dell laptop Inspirion , cool mate!

1 Like

Hi! I dabbled with Red Hat around the turn of the century after developing an interest in Unix through use of my school’s network. Given that I had a dial-up connection and the fact that info on the topic was harder to find back then, I just sort of gave up on it.

After a recent Windoze re-install and all the annoyances from Microsoft that go along with such an endeavor I decided that I had had enough and that it was time to have another go at it. So far I am loving it! And unlike 20 years ago, I’ve not encountered anything that I haven’t been able to solve through online searching; but if that changes I’m sure I’ll be posting again here soon.

1 Like

Hi all,

My name is pete. Loving manjaro Kde, and will do for as long as my cheap 2in1 laptop supports linux.

1 Like

Hello, I’m Patrick, a chaotic coding computational chemist. I first tried Linux (SuSe and Ubuntu) from 2007 on, using Kubuntu as main OS and server CLI 2017 as I started coding for real and started working in computational chemistry (density functional theory). Since then I created a (M)EAN desktop app, wrote a lot of scripts in Julia, Python, Bash and recently Solidity.
Still I had a lot of trouble with Linux so I thought best to start fresh with Manjaro.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is wobwob and I’m retired and living in chiang mai Thailand. I’ve been a linux fan for many years

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m a brazilian linux user (forgive some error in my English). I started using Linux in 2008 (searching for a alternative to Windows) a brazilian distro called BigLinux. In the same year, I tested Zenwalk, Ubuntu, Vector Linux and Arch Linux Overlord (it’s incredible, but I still have the installation cd).
When I understand the diference about the distros, I choose Salix OS (a slackware based distro with a graphical installer). Used it from 2010 until 2014, when I tested Sabayon Linux (a Gentoo based distro) for a short time (~ 6 months). Then, with a friend of mine, I choose to test Linux Mint (it was 2014). Became fascinated for the Mint ease, since my friend liked it, but I always have the feeling that the KISS philosophy (that is used in Salix OS and can be applied in Arch distros, if you can build the system from the bottom) is better. So, in 2021, I choose the Manjaro Linux, since is a rolling-release distro, has a lightweight desktop (XFCE) and the AUR is more polished than before.
Hope I can be understood and add positive knowledge to this community.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new here and from Europe, Belgium Antwerp, I changed from distro from Zorin 16 OS to Manjara Gnome and it looks nice and good. I do have a problem using terminal where I can’t type a password in Zorin I had that problem too but knew what to type via command line in terminal to get it to work but in Arch I still have to learn deal with the command line in terminal because it is different. Is there anyone who can help me so that I can explore further and use my password in terminal.

1 Like

Hey folks!
I’ve been a Linux user for as long as I can remember. Among all distros out there, I’ve landed on Manjaro (3 or 4 years ago) and I’m love it!

1 Like

Hi–
I’ve been a Slackware user since the early 1990’s, never found another distribution that I really liked. Slackware is still my first love, but i’ve been running Manjaro on one of my laptops for almost a year now, and I must say that finally I can honestly recommend to my friends and clients, who are intimidated by the command line and other techie stuff, that they should switch to Linux.

1 Like

hi i am nooovi for wkwkw land.

i was distro hopper until back again to manjaro seat
i think i had used 24 kind of different distros.
i am worry this things hurt my lovely notebook especially my SSD :sweat_smile:
so it is important to stop my journey to have a try many kind of distros and stay with manjaro again

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m a complete Linux noob, I want to enter this world and learn a bit about it!

Hi, I’m Carsten and i switched to Manjaro Gnome last year from Windows, just to give it a try if it would work for me as my daily driver. And yes, it does. Right now, I don’t want to go back, everything works fine, so I also installed it on my notebook and the first time in many years I don’t use MS software at all.

I have a bit of Linux experince since I’m running a Proxmox environment at home for two years now and from time to time I tested some Linux distros in VMs to get in touch.

Hello all - name’s Matt. I’ve distro-hopped for God knows how long. I remember using SuSE 9.0, which I think was the last version before they were bought out by Novell. I’ve run just about everything in between, although I never successfully got Arch installed (but oddly enough, DID get a bootstrapped Gentoo install up a few years ago). Anyhow, my laptop is a Legion 5, a Ryzen 7-5800H, upgraded from 16 to 64 GB RAM, and an RTX 3060 (6GB). Just installed Manjaro KDE today after getting tired of the *buntus and Fedora.

I plan on gaming on this, so hopefully I’ll be able to get Optimus working ok on here. If things go well enough, I may end up moving my main rig over to linux as well. I use it for gaming as well as content creation. That one’s a beast (10980xe, 256GB RAM, RTX 3090, 22TB storage) but I’ve kept it on Windows since Windows has usually been the best bet for gaming. Hoping the new developments can change that. :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m Sebastian. I’m using Linux- and BSD-OSs for my home lab has Proxmox-, NAS-Sever, etc. since a few years already. Now I want to start to use Manjaro as desktop environment.

I’m no export, but I have a good understanding of the essential basics.

Hello,
my name is Fabio and I work as a teacher in a public school in Italy.
I love Open Source purpose, Unix like OS and I want to introduce Linux into my school…but I need to learn so many things…
Have a nice day

5 Likes

Hey there!

I’m Smig I’ve been using Manjaro since Dec. I really like it a lot and I like to write tech blog posts on the things I learn. my Blog is smig dot tech! Hope to learn a lot while here