Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

HI, I am new to Linux Manjaro KDE. I need help so i thought this would be the best place to look for it.
I like Linux a lot but i have only been using it for the last week. I do have two windows programs i can live with out yet. So i am still using Windows 11 on a dual boot. Once i find a way to use these programs in Linux i will be sending window out a window.

4 Likes

Hi everyone !

I’m new at linux and I quit Windows two weeks ago. I’m happy to use Manjaro and I want to learn about it. I’m running Gnome DE and I like it. I already have some issues that I’d like to solve : maybe a way to learn the basics.

I’m french by the way ; please forgive my grammar if you see some mistakes.
Happy to be here with you all.

7 Likes

Hello forum, I have been poking around Linux now for a little while and have settled on Manjaro as my distro of choice. Still very new , however, Manjaro (Gnome) is my main PC now and it is forcing me to learn more. I am at the point now where I need assistance as I am getting deeper in to how things work and finding I want to switch and try different aspects of Linux and need assistance.

4 Likes

When I started using the computers the memory was around few kilobytes. Years later I happily installed linux in 1992 downloading 44 floppy disks from funet ftp server. I should still have my kernel hacker guide sitting around :slight_smile:
Never been a Windows fan nor Mac one. I tryed many (many) distributions and my current installed ones are Manjaro, Debian, Mint and Lubuntu in various PCs.
PS: I know many high (eg Python used for AI with Keras) and low level languages (eg five different processors machine codes); regarding hardware in the 90s I was directly programming PC hardware, while currently I’m building complete computers (with relays one and with TTL simple ports another)

5 Likes

Hi there. Long time linux user here. Coming from Arch Linux. I heard this community is much nicer :wink:

6 Likes

Hey.
New to Linux in general and i chose Manjaro was the right option til yet ;D

4 Likes

~Boo~ :ghost:

5 Likes

Thought you’d dropped off the face of the earth. Glad to see you back @cscs :+1::+1:

3 Likes

He’s ba-a-a-a-a-a-ack… :scream:

5 Likes

大家好!
我第一次使用 “Manjaro” ,希望它比 “windows11” 好用。
我已经放弃windows啦!!!

Hello everyone! I use “Manjaro” for the first time and hope it is better than “windows11”. I have given up windows! ! !

Moderator edit: Translated via Google Translate
4 Likes

Hello

I decided a long time ago that it was time to drop Windows like the bad habit that it is. I used to toy with Ubuntu years ago but never understood it. I eventually decided to commit to Linux and loaded Manjaro on a new computer yesterday with this goal in mind.

I may shout at this thing for the first year or so working with it, but by golly I’m gonna learn this thing.

5 Likes

Welcome.
The wiki is undergoing an overhaul, but should still be a trove of introduction and information:
wiki.manjaro.org

Hello. I’m a 25 year old musician and techie, from the southern US. New to these forums. Searched for years for a distro I actually loved, happy to say I have finally ended that search! Manjaro is bliss.

6 Likes

Hello. I am a new Linux user. I saw how bad Windows 11 was and decided to use Linux. I have been distro hopping a bit and found the perfect distro, Manjaro. Looking forward to see you all.

4 Likes

Word… you can tell how much I’ve been paying attention in 2020…

Hi all!

I am MJ and I have little experience with the Linux in general, i would say that I only know basic parts of the Linux systems.
At work I am using RedHat and wrote few work related bash scripts for managing DB2 databases.

I created this account because I am considering completely switching from Windows to a Linux OS privately. The reason for that are games and Valve with Proton project.
Manjaro is with Linux Mint a candidate for me BUT at the moment i am having horrible experience with Manjaro at the very beginning: The Installation.
I hope that I would find here the necessary help and fixes to properly test this OS.

BR,
MJ

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’ve been using different distro’s since a few years, from Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch to mxLinux and now Manjaro.

Glad to be part of this amazing community !

2 Likes

Heyo Everyone!

I’ve bounced back and forth between Linux and Windows for the better part of 5 years now, Manjaro is the first time I’ve ventured outside the Debian space, and I’m loving it!

Its actually refreshing to be on something not Debian Based and I’ve definitely left Windows for good now.

5 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am a fresh new user of Linux distro (< 1year) in general and Manjaro in particular (a few weeks).

I rather like the Manjaro environment even if I still have some difficulties with some setups and software settings like Kontact.

I look forward chatting with you!

4 Likes

Hello everyone,
I started using Linux 1 year ago. I switched to Mac for a month, but now I am back. This is my first time using Arch. Before that I used Mint and was happy but I am exited about the AUR. Since I am a beginner and am not confident enough to install Arch by myself I chose Manjaro and I am not disappointed. KDE is great. Greetings from Germany :slight_smile:

8 Likes