Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

Already done, thanks kindly though.

1 Like

Hello ! new to manjaro and linux in general been using for a few days after a whole life of using windows, still fumbling around hoping not to break something

Hello Manjaro Team
My name is Peter Sjöstrand from Sweden!!

First of all would i love to thanks the team for beautiful Linux distro.

I have been jumping from distro too distro for almost 1 year until I realize that I all the time get back to Manjaro KDE. Dam you for doing so good Distro hihih :slight_smile: You make me hook up againg on Linux. The true form of freedom and what Linux really means.

I am a computer geek in its true form, meaning that I was born in the 70’s and grow up with the computer Era that means I was hook up on computers for the rest of my life.

My Linux time began long time ago when there was only Redhat and Suse and Ubuntu and Mandrake of the big One’s, yes I am that old hihih.

But I never really hook on Linux until late 2019 because I was very tired of Windows and Os X (Apples) spying and disrespect of privacy and that you DON’T own your software and that they Logging everything you do.

So I decided to pick up Linux because I love freedom of Hardware (not like Apple that force down your throat what you can use or not) (build my on Pc seance 90’s) and regarding they software and love open source as-well.

As photographer and computer geek I felt the freedom of just simply use Linux with open source. When gaming has died out the complete switch to Linux was possible.
The biggest reason I switch to Linux is Manjaro rolling Linux (love to be on top of new things and not wait 6-12 months, like Apple Mac OS X or Windows) and the terminal.

My biggest fear was I did not wanted (I hope I did get hook on terminal) hook on terminal but I fail happy :)! It’s hard to learn it all againg but I do it with big fat smile!

So please Manjaro keep up the insane good work and I be faithful to you hihihih!

5 Likes

:musical_note:
Mandrake was my first love
But it won’t be my last
Manjaro is the future
Other distros are the past

To live without Manjaro
Would be impossible to do
'Cause in this world of trouble
Manjaro pulls me through

:musical_note:

Freely and shamelessly adapted from “Music” by the late and great John Miles (23 April 1949 – 5 December 2021). :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

HEheheh Well so true!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, long time Mac user (personal) and Windows user (work) and I have occasionally dabbled in Linux distros off and on for fun for a dozen years. I finally made the move and spent the past month freeing our non-profit of all Windows products and now we are completely Linux minus one box that has to operate quickbooks. The only problem we have is teaching some old dogs some new tricks. Looking forward to being a part of this community!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Salve a tutti dall italia e buona vigilia di natale :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: viva linux in qualsiasi salsa ma pure os e windows viva tutti i sistemi operativi ,basta farli funzionare :sweat_smile:

Hello all. My name is Glenn. I’ve been a Linux user for many years. Primarily a Fedora/Redhat guy but I like to try as many distributions as possible. That leads me to Manjaro Xfce as installed on my old Dell laptop for the last few days. Very nice. I could easily make this my daily driver.

2 Likes

Hi, I have been using Linux off and on since the early days of Fedora core, still dual booting windows. Over the last 2 years I have trying to transition fully and now that windows has blocked me from ever upgrading further plus Fedora just became too problematic (I’m no expert) I have switched to Manjaro, in the hope that a stable rolling update type distro will work for me better. Wow the nvidia drivers are installed upfront, so far its a pretty good start :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

I consider myself new to Linux, mostly been using Windows. Tried a few distributions and stuck with Kubuntu for a year or so until I stumbled upon Manjaro through the distrowatch website. Manjaro seems to work better (less quirks) on my computer than other distros. Also, reading the forums the community seems great and as I learn more about computers/programming I might install Arch on an older computer I have. Thanks for reading.

P

3 Likes

Used MANJARO a few years back and wanted to put it on a backup computer

hello
i am Cowessess Nuka i am here to share some thoughts with you all i hope you like it

Hello All,

Having been lingering with Linux in dual-boot mode since 15-20yrs now already (since my EE university years), but never made the big leap since always something was making me losing confidence at last minute: 56K modem drivers back in the day (does anybody remember?), kernel upgrades screwing up everything, Windows re-installation wiping up the dual-boot GRUB.
Now, fascinated by Plasma5 and definitely disappointed by the Windows11 UI (customization level: 2 out of 10), I bought myself an entry-level laptop and dedicated it to Manjaro Linux only!
But after so many years I still need guidance… thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

Unforgiven79

2 Likes

Much can be found here

2 Likes

Hello. I’m not new to Linux, but just starting using Manjaro. Expecting delivery of the new updated Pinephone which just came out. It comes with Manjaro installed by default. Going to be programming in golang, with CMU Pocketsphinx speech recognition, to build a personal assistant (named Hal)!

1 Like

1 Like

It’s really kind of like that. The go slices work kind of like circular lists. When you use bluetooth with port audio in Linux guest on Windows 10, the snake starts eating its tail and muttering all sorts of strange things! Using the Scottish festival voice, much more edgy than Siri or Alexa.

Hey all! Installed Manjaro as a daily driver after years of requiring a mac/windows for work but Unity3d finally got their stuff sorted out and everything feels good. Absolutely loving the OS.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello All,
First time running Manjaro and loving it. Not new to Linux, been using since 2007. Mainly used Debian based distros for the most part. Looking forward to seeing how the OS runs over time.

Thank you to the devs for the hard work!

1 Like