Weird glitch with KDE and my taskbar

I was using Manjaro and all of a sudden almost all of the icons on my taskbar turn blank and have a volume bar (they were not open) and this weird technical name like “kde.[something]”. I can’t open any of them. I try to restart the computer and it prompts me to log back in, for some reason the log in screen looking very different. I log in and the issue is solved, but KDE looks different. What’s going on?

Did you not notice the update to Plasma 6?

This is a major update.

Are you sure all your resources like theme and icons are up to date and compatible?

Its also a good idea to refresh the configs and cache as shown here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/KDE#Configuration_related

It is also worth noting that in Plasma 6 your Icon theme determines your icons in many areas previously defined by, ex, your desktop style. And icon paths have changed in some places so you need to use an up to date icon theme.

Here is mine if you want it:

MACE / Icons / Papirus Mace Icon Theme · GitLab

Its never a bad idea to take a look at the update announcement thread either, especially the ‘Known Issues and Solutions’ second post.

With that different login screen did you login? I was using the Dark Breeze theme and had similar issues, but once I logged in everything was fixed.