Vivaldi fails to start

In the end, the solution was : rm -rf ~/.config/vivaldi

So, finally, it was your configuration and not Vivaldi at fault.
I’m glad the matter is resolved.

Cheers.

I really do not want to de-rail this thread since I just figured, that my errors are related to this change in chromium based browsers. I’m unsure if starting vivaldi with command line parameters helps the OP, just wanted to give a hint.

Hi @vokezpatt and welcome to the Manjaro community

The link you gave, and the solution you suggest, has already been given by @tobenderZephyr who has since used it as the basis for solving his issue. The OP has simply deleted his Vivaldi configuration and started afresh, which again supports this solution, as tobenderZephyr.

In future, please do not select a portion of another member’s post and paste it as if it were your own. That is called plagiarism.

As a new user, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Forum requirements; in particular, the many ways to use the forum to your benefit. To that end, some or all these links will be invaluable:

And last, but not least, the Stable Update Announcements, which you should check frequently for important update related information. Occasionally an issue might be directly related to a particular update; it’s always best to check those announcements.

I hope this is helpful. Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.