Use of android smartphone as webcam for PC - Iriun in playstore

I with to use my android smartphone as a webcam for my PC.

See:

How to Use your Smartphone as a Webcam Update: Iriun vs. Droid Cam

so Pamac built Iriun.
from Google play store I installed Iriun on my smartphone
Then I ran Iriun on PC
but it prompted “Initialization failed” and suggested to run this command:

$ sudo modprobe v4l2loopback exclusive_caps=1
modprobe: FATAL: Module v4l2loopback not found in directory /lib/modules/5.8.16-2-MANJARO

Solution? With or without Iriun?

Thanks

Did you actually install the v4l2loopback module? v4l2loopback-dkms in pamac.

1 Like

It works in my case. yay picks up v4l2loopback-dkms dependency and install it automatically.

sudo modprobe v4l2loopback exclusive_caps=1

works fine and Iriun can run OK. 4K is a bit laggy but I guess it depends on your router.

Please follow this Root Tip here:

1 Like

Pamac says v4l2loopback-dkms 0.12.5-1 is installed
and it is so by default, I did not manually installed it

$ sudo modprobe -a v4l2loopback
modprobe: WARNING: Module v4l2loopback not found in directory /lib/modules/5.8.16-2-MANJARO
[toshpc@toshpc ~]$ sudo modprobe -D v4l2loopback
modprobe: FATAL: Module v4l2loopback not found in directory /lib/modules/5.8.16-2-MANJARO
[toshpc@toshpc ~]$ sudo modprobe -V
kmod version 27
+XZ +ZLIB +LIBCRYPTO -EXPERIMENTAL

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.