Updates pending in pamac

This happened to me as well, and the solution worked. However, according to pamac I had 4 pending updates from the AUR. Now I have no updates available. Anyone know what that’s about?

1 Like

There is plenty topics on pamac - also some very much like yours - please use the search function

1 Like

Pamac uses a database fetched from AUR - this database is an extract which runs serverside and is only updated on certain intervals.

See this response to an issue created at gitlab

You may also want to educate yourself on the relationship between Manjaro and AUR

There is also a WIP on aurweb service to optimize these archives

Which 4 packages were shown as pending updates ?

Have you checked relevant AUR pages and PKGBUILD files to see if later versions are available ?

pamac upgrade -a

1 Like

This got it flowing again.

pamac upgrade -a

The 4 updates were

game-devices-udev          0.16-2    (0.16-1)      AUR
  nerd-fonts-noto-sans-mono  2.1.0-1   (2.0.0-1)     AUR
  pamac-tray-icon-plasma     0.1.3-1   (0.1.2-4)     AUR
  v86d                       0.1.10-9  (0.1.10-5.1)  AUR

There were a bunch of errors for the manjaro repos before it installed the AUR packages.

These are the errors

Error: could not read db 'core' (Can't parse line 16)
Error: could not read db 'core' (Can't parse line 16)
Error: could not read db 'extra' (Can't parse line 16)
Error: could not read db 'extra' (Can't parse line 16)
Error: could not read db 'community' (Can't parse line 16)
Error: could not read db 'community' (Can't parse line 16)
Error: could not read db 'multilib' (Can't parse line 16)
Error: could not read db 'multilib' (Can't parse line 16)

After running this though, the steam runtime is no longer installed on my machine, and It doesn’t show up in the repos. However I was able to find and reinstall it with yay. After reboot though those same 4 aur packages are listed in pamac as needing to be updated. Yay doesn’t detect them as needing to be updated.

All these packages are available in the manjaro repos. You should prefer those over the ones from the AUR.

I didn’t install them manually, this is just simply how pamac wants to update them. I don’t know why.

Run this command and check if pamac still shows updates:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && yay
1 Like

After a bunch of errors failing to parse line 16 of the databases, yes it still sees the updates.

I guess I will just wait a while. This problem started for me yesterday.

Please open up an issue so the developer can take a look: Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab. To me it seems for whatever reason AUR are prioritized, even we have higher versions in our repositories.

At this point, I just timeshifted to the 23rd and it seems to have resolved whatever problems I was having. I’ll open an issue if the problem returns.