Update requests for packages built by Manjaro developers

Yes, this is what I mean. But thanks for clarification @moson and @Strit :slight_smile:

Have modified the package linux-latest on my test VM (KDE-Development Edition)
Dropped linux57 and linux58
Install the linux59
Can’t test Nvidia drivers but I have read the driver works now on Linux Kernel 5.9.x

… but not supported:

add: linux59-nvidia-390xx

with nvidia GPU(390xx branch) and kernel59 i get a black screen, (tty works fine). I can confirm its due to lack of linux59-nvidia-390xx for linux59

Unfortunately, it looks like supporting legacy drivers on Linux 5.9 is not as easy as it sounds.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Update requests for packages imported from Arch Linux

It is already in testing and unstable braches. Will make it to stable soon.

1 Like

Thunderbird released 78.5 to fix security vulnerabilties. (78 branch is available in unstable and testing and was built by @nightmare-2021 )

Thanks a lot for the hard work. I can confirm that Nvidia driver 390 works here in Manjaro testing on a 5.9 kernel:

System:    Kernel: 5.9.10-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 
Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GF116 [GeForce GTX 550 Ti] vendor: Gigabyte driver: nvidia v: 390.132

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update requests for packages imported from Arch Linux

Request to update mimic maintained by @philm

And update plasma5-applets-mycroft

Thanks and keep up the good work.

pulseaudio-modules-bt needs to be rebuild against new pulseaudio version 14.
Already updated in arch: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pulseaudio-modules-bt/
Last packager is : @philm

PKGBUILD has been updated!PKGBUILD 1.4-4 and later will automatically get the PulseAudio version.
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=pulseaudio-modules-bt

1 Like

lib32-nvidia-utils

This has a dependency of nvidia-455xxx which is no longer avalable. Please Update?

Thy can also be found here
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/multilib/x86_64/lib32-nvidia-utils/

Thunderbird released 78.5.1 to fix security vulnerabilities. Last packager was @nightmare-2021.

Looks like this is now in all branches, thanks to the patch from the Arch bug tracker:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/68825

(upstream patch does not apply, it required backporting)

Actually the patch is from Gentoo. You can review it from Thomas Deutschmann’s patchset. It is file 38.

Weird. I don’t remember seeing the Gentoo email address when I looked at it, so unless a new commit history was force-pushed I must have been mistaken. :man_shrugging:

Still - it’s a bit strange that a patch pushed last week (when 83 was released):

has been replaced by one pushed yesterday (at the same time as the patch log for TB 78.5.1):

But, who knows. After all, what would be the point of trying to re-write a git history to hide the use of a certain source for a patch?

Hello @Ste74 - I’ve updated mutter-x11-scaling to 3.38.2. But i had to fix the latest upstream patch to compile with 3.38.2 - the Ubuntu developer is informed and it will be hopefully fixed upstream soon. There is also thanks to feedback from Ubuntu now a patched gnome-control-center-x11-scaling build with fixes for multi-monitor management and the toggle option from Ubuntu in case you are interested.

Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you, i look into it…
:+1:
Edit: added both on our repo :wink:

1 Like

I think that Shotcut needs to be updated from 20.11.14 to 20.11.28:

I quote myself from such discussion:

While I was searching for a solution, firtsly I tried to replace mlt from community repo to AUR, but the problem was still there; then I downloaded a new release of Shotcut from the official repo: v20.11.28 Releases · mltframework/shotcut · GitHub
And all errors went away.

Furthermore, seems that Shotcut, now also needs rtaudio package.

I see that the last packager was Filipe Laíns.

EDIT

I see that Shotcut 20.11.28 has hit the unstable and testing repo this morning; such quick action :slight_smile:

2020-12-07_17-05

Can be also pushed to Stable branch?
For now I manually updated it from testing repo, don’t worry :+1:

A post was split to a new topic: Requesting kernel module build options