[Unstable Update] November 2023 Edition

We’re aware.

1 Like

mkinitcpio -H systemd
says

This will install a basic systemd setup in your initramfs, and is meant to
replace the 'base', 'usr', 'udev' and 'resume' hooks

Yes, I said it is not a requriement if using systemd hook … and your output verifies that ?

I am answering my own question, I removed glusterfs, as my computer is only a desktop thing, no initial mount of external filesystem.

Yes base is optional.

but… “# ‘base’ is required unless you know precisely what you are doing.”

A post was split to a new topic: I would like to try KDE 6 alpha

Optional when using the systemd hook as it only provides a busybox recovery shell.
Note: The recovery shell is not usable since the root account in the initramfs is locked. See FS#70408.

2 Likes

I understand you can add base in front of systemd to produce a normal shell is the preferred method?

No.

Read the link (or just the quotations here) again.

2 Likes

I wonder what this is about :thinking:

(5/8) Updating the MIME type database...
Error in type 'application/x-core' (in /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml): Error in <match> element: Mask is longer than value.
Error in type 'image/jp2' (in /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml): Error in <match> element: Mask is longer than value.
Error in type 'image/jpx' (in /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml): Error in <match> element: Mask is longer than value.
Error in type 'image/jpm' (in /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml): Error in <match> element: Mask is longer than value.
Error in type 'video/mj2' (in /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml): Error in <match> element: Mask is longer than value.
Error in type 'image/vnd.adobe.photoshop' (in /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml): Error in <match> element: Mask is longer than value.
1 Like

See FS#80297 - [libxml2] 2.12.0-1 causes shared-mime-info hook flakiness

2 Likes

Fix incoming

I have to ask, was there something strange going on with kernel 66 yesterday?

I updated my system in the morning, did not really work with anything that demanded my gpu but in the evening I wanted to play some games and got an error stating my nvidia drivers were one version behind, I checked the boot logs and yep, there was the same warning.

I ran a new sync and update and yet a kernel update.
Rebooted and it all works fine, but what might have been the cause of this?
(I ALWAYS check I have at least one mirror synced before update)

Seems that something strange going on with kernel 6.6 today too.
A lot of updates 6.6.2-4, 6.6.2-5, 6.6.2-6…
Looking forward to 6.6.2-7 :wink:

A post was split to a new topic: Recent issues with multi monitor support

it arrived this morning

Looks like the patch for a ASUS device requires these updates: Commits · master · Packages / Core / linux66 · GitLab

6.6.2-7 arrived this morning no idea if this fixes your problem?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Recent issues with multi monitor support