[Unstable Update] 2023-05-21 - Repository changes

What do you mean I have to ask? You mean running an update again? To what purpose? I don’t use dkms. I’m suspecting some rebuild is needed around the linux kernel, I’ve searched briefly, I can’t see anything relevant.

There was an uncoordinated rebuild by @oberon of 6.4.1-5 which I already did yesterday. Hence only some kernels got uploaded and some unwanted linux63 & linux64 extramodules too… Currently 6 .3.12 &6.4.2 are being build …

2 Likes

Correct - 2.06.r499.ge67a551a4-4 is working o.k.
May later versions forget to install “locale” or “update-grub” ((this is a packet in AUR too))
EDIT:
only local language problem now

grub package is fine. People only don’t install it properly to MBR/EFI after a grub update. You can search the forum why on Arch and Manjaro grub gets installed by default wrongly… Can't boot LUKS encrypted install after 2023-03-31 stable update - #95 by philm

1 Like

This is called “unstable” for a reason. After your post, my system received another update for the virtualbox modules. (No nvidia, because I don’t use them.)

Thats right. I followed the WIKI - but the Grub-menu is not in german anymore
echo $LANG | cut -d . -f 1
de_DE

6.4.2-1 is working fine.

Mesa 23.1.3-3 all working again…?
Edit: Not really sure.

Hm, today I applied recent unstable updates and I got a non-booting system (black screen).
I could login via console and reverted to stable and everything working again.
So I’m gonna stay away from unstable for the next time.

3 Likes

Still ruins everything displayed by Google Chrome though.

it depends which kernel you used. for 6.4 series I patched a lot of new stuff for amdgpu in …

Since hwinfo was updated to version 23.1-1, manjaro-settings-manager does not launch as it needs libhd.so.22.

Downgrade to previous version of hwinfo fixes the issue for now.

(Rebuilt against current hwinfo and it works for me now.)

1 Like

Already rebuild, I just see… Mithrial

The rebuilt is already done. Please update manjaro-settings-manager (0.5.7-15 -> 0.5.7-16)

2 Likes

It’s not booting for me either even if I use latest 6.4 kernel

Please create a new Support topic then.

What message, errors are you getting, check journalctl?

I removed the AMDGPU HDR patches, which might created some regressions. Also they target more the Steamdeck …

Just to wrap up this part of the thread, PipeWire 0.3.73, which was released yesterday and is already in the unstable extra repository, fixes this issue. I no longer get continuous pipewire-pulse crashes with pavucontrol running.

Booting to black screen with latest kernel 6.4 and 6.1