[Unstable Update] 2022-05-23 - Systemd 251, Linux 5.18

It is now. Arch just added a patch for 5.18 with 6.1.34-3.

2 Likes

Installing kernel 518 via “Manjaro Settings”
does not include my extra-modules (openrazer)
whereas instaling via Pamac does…

1 Like

It’s nothing I can’t live with and I don’t know which update or any caused it but when I restart or shutdown the computer it makes the same beep shutting down as when it’s starting up.

didnt notice it when starting, but happened after systemd 251 update

I installed today linux518 with virtualbox-host-modules. Thanks! :+1:t6:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Some Systemd services are taking quite a bit longer to start

https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/uwzhui/shutdown_message_and_beep_after_upgrading_to/

2 Likes

i have vague memory of some old linux/unix systems having such beeps on shutdown of the server or terminals. maybe this is bringing some nostalgia back by systemd. unlike the second issue reported had no issues where system hung on shutdown/reboot.

@Yochanan apparmor package needs to be rebuilt with new perl build. presently get this warning due to it.

5/9) Warn about old perl modules
WARNING: '/usr/lib/perl5/5.34' contains data from at least 1 packages which will NOT be used by the installed perl interpreter.
 -> Run the following command to get a list of affected packages: pacman -Qqo '/usr/lib/perl5/5.34'

Thanks

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: When will the final and stable 5.18 kernel appear in the stable branch updates?

Wow, the smoothest update of Plasma I’ve ever experienced! Literally nothing to complain so far, frankly, I am surprised :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Had to recreate autostart for GreenWithEnvy (wouldn’t start otherwise), and disable screen corner functions that got re-enabled. Virtual desktop switching animations became slower, but can’t increase it (that I could find) without speeding up all other animations as well.
But otherwise the update went well.

Since I am on unstable because of mcp-qt updates were smooth. There are some hidden easter eggs with this plasma update that required me to reshuffle the desktop a bit. I will observe how long it takes until those emerge as support cases. Also some more adjustments needed to Breath I assume.

@Yochanan manjaro-hello got downgraded to 0.6.7-5 on unstable. Is that intended?

It was not downgraded; 0.6.7-6 was never in unstable to begin with. Someone did not push it to all branches. There’s actually no difference between 0.6.7-5 & 0.6.7-6, but I just pushed 0.6.7-6 to unstable to avoid confusion about versions.

Thanks. The difference was outdated release info from 21.0 and not 21.3.
Anyway, nothing critical, just an observation because of today’s release.
Now it’s updated correctly.

Actually the UI changed also. Normally we used 21.x branch but master branch was used for some reason since a while now. Back then when we released 0.6.7 the new UI wasn’t ready.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone else has noticed in KDE 5.25 the option to shutdown restart or logout by right clicking on the desktop is gone.

@straycat That was announced before by KDE. The reasoning behind this is that those entries are obsolete since there are shortcuts and other places to perform the command. It’s cleanup basically.

That’s one of the easter eggs I was talking about above. I knew about it but, surprisingly, after update I still had these context menu entries available, even with stock Breeze theme. So I had to perform a layout update on the desktop (not theme).

I’d kinda gotten used to restarting or shutting down that way but I can get used to it in the application launcher.Thanks for explaining it.

1 Like