[unstable update] 2022-03-06 qt5 update broken till Qt5-base 5.15.3 availability

Just to inform user on unstable, mostly kde user to not update their system until qt5-base 5.15.3 is also present in the update, otherwise qt5 is broken meaning sddm won’t start

2 Likes

Yeah, sddm currently just gives me a blank screen. Hope this can be sorted soon.

https://lists.manjaro.org/pipermail/manjaro-packages/Week-of-Mon-20220228/046885.html

1 Like

Sorry, but now this break the dependencies of msn :roll_eyes:

Yes, now gives me this error: installing qt5-base (5.15.3+kde+r132-1) breaks dependency ‘qt5-base<5.15.3’ required by manjaro-settings-manager

Uninstalling manjaro-settings-manager makes it possible to update the system.

Out of sddm or manjaro-settings-manager - I choose the former :slight_smile:

In order to update I had to remove manjaro-settings-manager-kcm manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier and then manjaro-settings-manager.Once I removed those I was able to upgrade and reboot into the desktop.
Thanks linux-aarus

Hello,

I’m having the following error when updating qt5 on the unstable branch :

could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing manjaro-settings-manager breaks dependency 'manjaro-settings-manager' required by manjaro-settings-manager-kcm

Should I just wait ?

installing qt5-base (5.15.3+kde+r132-1) breaks dependency 'qt5-base<5.15.3' required by manjaro-settings-manager

manjaro-settings-manager 05.7-2 has hit unstable. Just wait for the mirrors to update.

2 Likes

Just reinstalled
manjaro-settings-manager
manjaro-settings-manager-kcm
manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier
rebooted and all is well and up to date

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.