[Unstable Update] 2022-05-23 - Systemd 251, Linux 5.18

Had to recreate autostart for GreenWithEnvy (wouldn’t start otherwise), and disable screen corner functions that got re-enabled. Virtual desktop switching animations became slower, but can’t increase it (that I could find) without speeding up all other animations as well.
But otherwise the update went well.

Since I am on unstable because of mcp-qt updates were smooth. There are some hidden easter eggs with this plasma update that required me to reshuffle the desktop a bit. I will observe how long it takes until those emerge as support cases. Also some more adjustments needed to Breath I assume.

@Yochanan manjaro-hello got downgraded to 0.6.7-5 on unstable. Is that intended?

It was not downgraded; 0.6.7-6 was never in unstable to begin with. Someone did not push it to all branches. There’s actually no difference between 0.6.7-5 & 0.6.7-6, but I just pushed 0.6.7-6 to unstable to avoid confusion about versions.

Thanks. The difference was outdated release info from 21.0 and not 21.3.
Anyway, nothing critical, just an observation because of today’s release.
Now it’s updated correctly.

Actually the UI changed also. Normally we used 21.x branch but master branch was used for some reason since a while now. Back then when we released 0.6.7 the new UI wasn’t ready.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone else has noticed in KDE 5.25 the option to shutdown restart or logout by right clicking on the desktop is gone.

@straycat That was announced before by KDE. The reasoning behind this is that those entries are obsolete since there are shortcuts and other places to perform the command. It’s cleanup basically.

That’s one of the easter eggs I was talking about above. I knew about it but, surprisingly, after update I still had these context menu entries available, even with stock Breeze theme. So I had to perform a layout update on the desktop (not theme).

I’d kinda gotten used to restarting or shutting down that way but I can get used to it in the application launcher.Thanks for explaining it.

1 Like

With the latest update to cinnamon 5.4.0, dconf org.cinnamon.desktop.wm.preferences is still present but this is missing (removed?) from the theme in cinnamon settings.
This means there are now no borders or title bars.

Please create a new #support topic with the #cinnamon tag and @oberon and I will look over what needs to be updated. We’ve been meaning to revamp the Cinnamon edition since a previous team member left that was maintaining it.

Done Title Headers and Borders Missing

1 Like

Manjaro settings manager is in conflict with the newest qt5-base.

3 Likes

Yeah this has happened already some time ago, i think its the same thing, but with 5.15 instead of 5.13…
see here: [unstable update] 2022-03-06 qt5 update broken till Qt5-base 5.15.3 availability

Details are here
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing qt5-base (5.15.5+kde+r163-1) breaks dependency 'qt5-base<5.15.5' required by manjaro-settings-manager
1 Like

Not anymore. :wink:

It happens every time there’s a Qt 5 point release as MSM needs to be rebuilt. Please allow some time for the team to do rebuilds when things like this happen.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update requests for packages imported from Arch Linux

Remarkable:
if I use xorg ==> no shutdown / reboot beep
if I use wayland ==> yes shutdown / rbbot beep

From Plasma 5.25.80 (dev ISO), can get new updates of 5.25.1r22663. A no end loop from Pamac, Starts by downloading and stalls at kwin: Failed to commit transaction / invalid or corrupted package.

Plus, despite the fact that update history shows nothing for today, the Kernel UI has a wrong reading: Kernel 5.19-rc3 is still there, but shows rc4. Same for 5.18-6, shows 7.

Remove-reinstall from the kernel UI works for both, still can get a huge amount of packages.

What to do? Using Pamac only.

Switching worldwide to Germany mirror does not help, nor clean cache or tmp. This is an old install, no bug for many weeks with Wayland default. Last update was sudo, 2 days ago.

Pamac history

[2022-06-27T18:05:29-0400] [ALPM] installed linux519 (5.19rc4-1)
[2022-06-27T18:05:13-0400] [ALPM] removed linux519 (5.19rc3-1)
[2022-06-27T18:03:39-0400] [ALPM] installed linux518 (5.18.7-1)
[2022-06-27T18:03:23-0400] [ALPM] removed linux518 (5.18.6-1)

[2022-06-25T12:07:46-0400] [ALPM] upgraded sudo (1.9.11.p2-1 -> 1.9.11.p3-1)

Got it now after multiple attempts and manual install of the Kernels.

Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Download of kwin (5.25.1.r22663.g9eac2cc6e-1) started
Download of kwin (5.25.1.r22663.g9eac2cc6e-1) finished
Checking keyring...
Checking integrity...
Error: kwin: signature from "Manjaro Build Server <build@manjaro.org>" is invalid
Removing invalid files and retrying...
Download of kwin (5.25.1.r22663.g9eac2cc6e-1) started
Download of kwin (5.25.1.r22663.g9eac2cc6e-1) finished
Checking keyring...
Checking integrity...
Error: kwin: signature from "Manjaro Build Server <build@manjaro.org>" is invalid
Failed to commit transaction:
invalid or corrupted package:
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing kde-unstable.db...
Refreshing extra.db...
Refreshing AUR...
Download of kdecoration (5.25.1.r295.g5df2f5b-1) started
Download of bluedevil (1:5.25.1.r2412.gc2908658-1) started
Running post-transaction hooks...
Reloading system manager configuration...
Reloading device manager configuration...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
Updating the MIME type database...
Refreshing PackageKit...
Reloading system bus configuration...
Updating icon theme caches...
Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
A restart is required for the changes to take effect.
Transaction successfully finished.

This kills ounce and for all the BIOS beep (Wayland). You must restart to apply change:

echo "blacklist pcspkr" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/nobeep.conf

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.25.80
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.96.0
Qt Version: 5.15.5
Kernel Version: 5.19.0-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 8 × AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

Thank you to all. You guys are doing a super job