[Unstable Update] 2020-12-22 - ICU, Firefox, Removal of Qt4

Package (12)                 Old Version            New Version            Net Change  Download Size

community/telegram-desktop   2.5.4.r4.g838a3b23c-1  2.5.5.r0.g838a3b23c-1    0.00 MiB      24.27 MiB
 wget-1.21.1-1-x86_64                                                                 740.9 KiB  1965 KiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'telegram-desktop-2.5.5.r0.g838a3b23c-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from manjaro.mirrors.lavatech.top : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files

EDIT: now fixed

EDIT 2: does that errors cases (then an item is present in db, but absent on server) are reported automatically to server’s admins, so end users have no need to post about that?
If not, then would it be hard to make it automated? It is once, but for all time and errors are visible instantly as they appears at the moment of a first user meet it.

Can’t say if it was due to an update or rather to me (even though I cannot see what, and don’t remember messing around this) but Timeshift icon has gone AWOL some days ago in my Gnome setup.
Browsing in overview/activities, or once launched in Dash to dock, Timeshift icon was missing (invisible).

Even the entry in Manjaro Hello / Applications has a crossed x instead of icon.

In /usr/share/applications, theTimeshift.desktop was blank. I had to manually put back the icon from /usr/share/icons/something.

In my 2 other setups KDE and Cinnamon, Timeshift icon was there in the start menu, as well as on the panel once launched.

Kernel 5.11.rc3.d0110.g7c53f6b-1
journal still flooded with:

09:43:59 /usr/lib/gdm-x-session[837]: (WW) AMDGPU(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument
09:43:59 /usr/lib/gdm-x-session[837]: (EE) AMDGPU(0): present flip failed
09:43:59 /usr/lib/gdm-x-session[837]: (WW) AMDGPU(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
09:43:59 /usr/lib/gdm-x-session[837]: (WW) AMDGPU(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument
09:43:59 /usr/lib/gdm-x-session[837]: (EE) AMDGPU(0): present flip failed
09:43:59 /usr/lib/gdm-x-session[837]: (WW) AMDGPU(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument

EDIT:
again only on x-org, not on wayland and only this kernel…
Schreibfeler im SoßenKot?

You can ask the server admin. No need to post about not yet fully synced mirrors here. There also is this overview:
https://repo.manjaro.org/

5.11.rc3.d0110.g7c53f6b-1 linux kernel has the same 3 clicks problem while PC boot up.
In the same time 5.10.6-2 has no that lack.

Heads up for thunderbird users: recent update to 78.6.1 messed up my profiles calendar data (most notably: resolved tasks).
Downgrade to 78.6.0 and restore of calendar-data directory in the affected profile was necessary to get going again.

My KDE system is where my grub is installed and listed as 1st partition. I have also Cinnamon, Gnome and Windows.
Last night, I got several updates in KDE, including latest linux 5.10 drivers. After reboot, got my Dell logo, then a blinking underscore and that was it, no more grub menu…

I tried chroot, manjaro-chroot in Live CD environment but no luck each time after reboot (I hadn’t have to use this a lot, I surely used it wrongly).

I cheated in installing a new disposable Manjaro system on empty space to restore grub, booting in fallback KDE, deleting my new partition and reinstalling grub in KDE afterwards.

1 Like

Hello. I’ve been switching between unstable and stable to play with alma lately because my xfce panel notification area tray would disappear when I’d switch. Well, I just switched to unstable and rebooted, and it’s still there!! Awesome!! I think I’ll stay a while…

I’ve considered installing without formatting / or /home to fix grub but I think you have to format / to install…THAT solution never crossed my mind, but I like it!!

Calameres should come with a fix grub option…

In my early Linux days some months ago, I reacted to some issues like this in panicking, copying my data from Live environment and reinstalling all from scratch.

Now, I know my 3 systems are fine, no need to touch them (plus the time I spent to tinker and customize…). Grub is the only issue.
I had created a dedicated backup partition for each of my 3 Manjaro systems, I have plenty of space to take.

Having 3 systems, I came to learn that choosing (or rather forgetting not to choose) to install the bootloader on a newly system will erase the existing one and take precedence.
But a correct use of chroot normally would be sufficient and restore all to normal.

1 Like

I used to dual-boot with Win 10 years ago and would always do a legacy install because I had the fix-grub with chroot (back then it was mhwd-chroot) memorized, but I always screwed up the UEFI instructions…Now it’s years later and I got my first gaming laptop and I installed UEFI. I have a friend urging me to put Win10 in dual-boot but I’m hesitant, partly because I’ve installed UEFI and am unsure of my ability to restore grub. I should go practice now while grub is fine. Lol. I WOULD like to see my benchmarks in some of the Windows benchmark programs…it scores about 3000 in Geekbench, which is about 3 times better than anything I’ve had before.

1 Like

Sorry for the multiple posts, but the xfce system tray (Notification Area) is crashing again. Just thought I’d let you know that it happened when I opened Teamviewer. I usually have teamviewer daemon always running which is why the tray would always crash before, I guess. But at least I know how to keep it from crashing now.

So, I closed all teamviewer processes and tried to re-add the Notification Area System Tray and it was missing from the Panel > Add Items list. I tried to return to stable to get it back and when I run

sudo pacman -Syyuu`

I get this after the download.

`Total Download Size: 0.04 MiB
Total Installed Size: 3805.52 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: -20.56 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 confuse-3.3-2-x86_64             45.4 KiB  1134 KiB/s 00:00 [################################] 100%
(239/239) checking keys in keyring                           [################################] 100%
(239/239) checking package integrity                         [################################] 100%
error: confuse: key "Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste@bitsofnetworks.org>" is disabled
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/confuse-3.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 

and no matter which I choose I get this…

error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I tried to mess with alma in an Unstable Virtual Machine but it runs out out of room in /tmp.

Can someone please help me return to stable? I don’t even know how to connect my wifi without that system tray.
``
EDIT: Nevermind…I’ll be okay.

EDIT again: If anyone else has this problem here is a solution:

Noticed shorter boot times with Kernel 5.10.7-2 :+1:

pulseaudio-modules-bt needs rebuild against the new pulseaudio 14.1 version @philm

btw.: The gitlab repo is out of date it seems…

@philm @nightmare-2021
Revert “drm/amd/display: Fixed Intermittent blue screen on OLED panel”
is in linux master:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4eec66c014e9a406d8d453de958f6791d05427e4

Also fixes:
… causes power regression for many users AMD GPUs

The issue of the teamviewer tray item crashing the XFCE 4.16 panel tray has been reported and addressed. The crash should be fixed in the next release of xfce4-panel. But there seems to be a problem with the teamviewer tray item, so the icon won’t appear in the tray (unless teamviewer fixes it).

1 Like

The patch will be adopted in kernel 5.10.7-3 and will be available on unstable shortly.

Thanks for the hint.

3 Likes

Same on testing

1 Like

Yeah. In the meanwhile phil updated the package in unstable.
You might want to grab it from there (or just wait for the next testing update):

sudo pacman -U https://manjaro.moson.eu/unstable/community/x86_64/pulseaudio-modules-bt-1.4-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
2 Likes