[Unstable Update] 2020-12-22 - ICU, Firefox, Removal of Qt4

glad to hear your back in the drivers seat, I am going to downgrade all the packages for now.
Cheers!

It might be worth a check at removing old configs or caches
(like ~/.config/xfce4 ~/.config/xfce4-session ~/.cache … maybe some more)

will give it a try, thanks!

updates for libxfce4ui and xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin have everything working again

1 Like

Fixed here for me also. I had to delete Orage clock/calendar in my panel as it is no longer maintained. It wouldn’t show clock and calendar combined anymore. I replaced with xfce4-datetime-plugin and configured. All is well with that one. There is a little bug in the GUI of Thunar as somebody in EndeavourOS forum had mentioned. No big deal there. I am using Adapta-Maia Theme with Papirus-Maia icons. A few of the icons changed. I’ll get used to it. Thanks for the assistance.

3 Likes

Noticed as well.
-> Missing AUR Packages: moka-icon-theme orage

It’s a shame that these small widgets never became more feature-friendly (like, is it really too much to ask for a sound option in the xfce notification preferences?)

This wouldn’t happened to be an issue with “auto refreshing,” would it? Seems like for me after a mounting a location with read/write access, it takes a second try or a manual f5 refresh for access.

No, I don’t think so. It stays there no matter how many refreshes I do. It is a small rectangular white square in the upper right side in Thunar (only). It may be limited to certain themes if I understand correctly. I am using Adapta-Maia Theme and Papirus-Maia icons. I checked Adwaita and it didn’t seem to happen with that theme. i prefer to not have to get used to a new theme since it only affects thunar.

This is the bug report:

Colonel 5.11 is up - and throwing the same ERROR as Colonel 5.10 some weeks before:
libbpf: Failed to find valid kernel BTF
libbpf: Error loading vmlinux BTF: -3
libbpf: Failed to load object ‘iterators_bpf’
libbpf: failed to load BPF skeleton iterators_bpf: -3
Failed load could be wrong endianess
Resolution: ------> needs same patch as in 5.10 I presume?!

will be fixed in next build:

2 Likes

Fixed in our overlay package. Will be fixed with 4.16.1 release of Thunar.

2 Likes

Confirmed that it is fixed with thunar-4.16.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst .

I just switched from Testing to Unstable, I had 147 packages to update.
Only one signature problem with gnome-session.
I uninstalled gnome-session, did the updates, then I reinstalled it and NetworkManager since it had uninstalled it from me.
I rebooted and no more problems.

pacman-key --refresh-keys

Would be the easier and less hustle way :wink:

1 Like

Oops. Fixed with 3.38.0+14+g87d92fec-1.0.

Actually it wouldn’t make any difference in this case. The keys were valid, it was a conflict between the signature registered in our repos with our overlay package vs. the original Arch package.

Again, fixed. Nothing to see here, move along. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Does anyone else experience issues booting 5.11-rc1 with i915 graphics? X doesn’t start on my machine, SDDM won’t show up, switching to TTY is failing too.

Don’t know about i915, but 5.11-rc1 is working great on nvidia here.

It’s very nice of the team to add the nvidia drivers to the rc so early this time.

Just the error message on boot (same we had a couple weeks ago on 5.10) : “failed to load valid kernel BTF”.

Other than this single thing, everyhing is working great.

1 Like

Actually I ran into some issues just recently trying to mount some backup truecrypt files. There is a solution here about setting up a loop device before attempting to mount a file, but it will automount the loop devices if you first attempt to mount and the thing chews on it for a couple minutes and then finally spits out a loop error message. Just trying again does then work. Probably time to migrate to veracrypt but I can’t be bothered right now.

OK I’ve narrowed down a list of possible culprits, now it’s clear to me that this is caused by an extra monitor connected to an HDMI port. Still not sure what the exact reason is and gosh I don’t want to go through one more bisect this year :exploding_head:
Hope there would be someone more motivated than me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: