Unable to print with Lexmark X4650

Hi Everyone, I have issues with my Lexmark X4650 Printer which does not set to print even the test page. It is seemingly recognized by my computer on USB (usb://Lexmark/3600-4600%20Series?serial=16F1180T6428949&interface=1). But when I try to print a test page I get the following status update on CUPS web interface " stopped “Filter failed”". Same error message from the desktop interface by the way.
Also, I had looked around for a “proper” driver and found this only one lexmark-08z 1.0_1-1 and built it from AUR.
When installing the new printer via CUPS Desktop interface and searching for drivers automatically I didn’t have a clue what exact driver was being used.
Many thanks to all for any help!

Marco

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. So you:

• used the standard driver
    • That didn’t work
    • And only then did you compile from source
    • And that doesn’t work neither…

Is my understanding correct?

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time