Unable to boot pc

I can’t post it because I can’t copy and paste it or anything. I can’t even boot onto desktop

but to a TTY perhaps?

if not:
chroot
(manjaro-chroot)
it is, then … :wink:
to fix the system

I’ve booted into tty with ctrl alt f2 but I’m just lost at what to do and English isn’t my best language and I’m getting confused with these words it’s showing

Well removing it didn’t help. I suppose it’s some service or module left…but i am not proficient in vmware.
In order for others to help, you have to collect some info/logs. There is a topic like “how to properly ask for help” or smth similar describing how to collect logs.
And to be easier for you you may want to boot from an live usb and then chroot (see the tutorial above) and then you have gui, and copy paste etc.

I’ve tried running the command startx and I get the error

Fatal server error:
(EE) no screens found (EE)

And then at the bitten it says

xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
xinit: server error

Could this be the reason it’s not booting?

Also when I run cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log I get another error

(EE) NVIDIA: Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module. Please see the systems kernel log for additional error messages and consult the NVIDIA README for details.
(EE) No devices detected.

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as descrribed above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

Please edit your post accordingly.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

I’ve booted into tty with ctrl alt f2 but I’m just lost at what to do and English isn’t my
best language and I’m getting confused with these words it’s showing

Can you login at that point (type username - RETURN, then your password -RETURN)?

I can login to tty and that’s how I’ve been getting the outputs, my pc just won’t boot or anything

In which case you are booting, but not to the GUI login page (display manager), which I assume is what your issue is right now. is that right? Do you happen to know whether the display manager is lightdm, gdm…etc?

I’m pretty sure it’s gdm, and I think you’re right cause no display shows up just my pcs company logo and ut freezes on there. Idfk if this helps but when it first boots it says checking for media display and then no display present

I don’t know if this is the issue, but it may be worth checking the graphic drivers(it complains about nvidia) Maybe vmware decided it should install you property drivers or smth…
Mhwd is the command to list the drivers, i would uninstall everything video related to test.

This shows up when I run mhwd, would I just uninstall everything here? If so is the command just pamac remove?

Specifically in your case

sudo mhwd -r pci video-nvidia
sudo mhwd -r pci video-nvidia-470xx

once again, this is just a try, i am not sure it will solve the problem but it would not harm at least.

you need to type mwhd -li to show installed drivers
You listed all available drivers.

This shows up with the commands, sorry I can’t copy and paste it

This shows up with mhwd -li

yeah, so you tried to uninstall stuff you didnt have.
But you do have both the open source AND the non open installed, remove video-linux and try if that helps.

What should I do? I can’t boot at all

Honestly, remove BOTH and then reinstall recommended driver for your system.
The links to wiki is provided by @Teo above.

I managed to remove video-linux but when I try to remove video-nvidia it shows this