Trying to find a previous wallpaper that has disappeared after subsequent upgrades

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I used to have a wallpaper that was included when I installed Manjaro, and I don’t remember if it was an official or community wallpaper, or if it was specific the GNOME, Openbox or LXQt spins. I don’t even recall what file name to Google for so I can maybe download it elsewhere, but the general hues were kind of blue-green and it was dark overall, it was some thin plant branches with either water droplets or ice crystals on it, there was no Manjaro branding. I think possibly the file name included some variation of the word “ice” but I’m not totally sure about that.

Does this wallpaper sound at all familiar to anyone? Is there any public place where I could go download it now? I’ll try to provide any addtional details if I can.

I know years ago when I still used Ubuntu I would go download additional packages from the repos for wallpapers from previous Ubuntu releases. Is there any possibility of providing such optional packages for Manjaro, since it does somewhat adopt a code-named release model?

Try finding it in these places :arrow_down:

1 Like

Thanks. I had tried these places before creating this topic unforunately.

This one? :arrow_down:

No, but thank you. I also like that one, but I still have access to it, no upgrades have made it disappear off my laptop yet.

I finally found a copy on one of my drives, but I don’t know where it originally came from, and putting it into Google image search is inconclusive (it’s not linked to Manjaro, GNOME or anything else *nix as far as I can tell), but I have the file named as “Icetwigs-GNOME-3-38-background.jpg”

While I did find a copy of a specific image, I still had this other portion of my topic:

Is there any possibility of providing such optional packages for Manjaro, since it does somewhat adopt a code-named release model?

I don’t really mind that someone marked this thread as solved, but technically it wasn’t truly solved.

I can’t answer the Manjaro specific question, but the background came from:

https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-backgrounds/3.38/gnome-backgrounds-3.38.0.tar.xz

I found this info at Linux From Scratch. The name gnome-3-38 was kind of the give away :wink: If I find a background I particularly like, I save it. I use to have my own config directory (~/.config/$USER), but I’m slowly migrating to the XDG way (./local/share/backgrounds).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.