Trouble running AppImages after removing appimagelauncher

@Yochanan Hi again, I just hit this issue again. I installed manjaro KDE on a machine and of course the useless AppImageLauncher (useless because it screws up with all my file locations) is pre-installed and upon removal with pamac remove appimagelauncher I still cannot run AppImages (the intended way with AppImage). Please either remove this AppImageLauncher from pre-installed list or get this removal hook fixed for good. This is very annoying.

P.s: Sorry about my aggressive tone, my anger is not towards you or manjaro but towards a bad practice. I really am annoyed because I cannot access my Joplin notes just because of this launcher which is clearly intended and developed for Ubuntu (their dev words not mine). I appreciate what Manjaro has done and is doing, but sometimes these papercuts hurt bad.

My system info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.89-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-7440HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 15.4 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 630

You’ll need to logoff / login, reboot or kill the daemon ( appimagelauncherd) after removing appimagelauncher.

Not even remotely true. It’[s meant for EVERY flavor of Linux. You’re taking that out of context.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna put this link here hoping that you get your false statement back:

P.s: This software is cancer and should not be pre-installed. At least the MIME types should not be set! I hit the same issue AGAIN today.

the .appimage and .rpm are meant for non-ubuntu systems.