Touchscreen Calibration displays garbage

I bought a Raspberry-pi 400 a while ago to use to learn linux. I also bought this touch screen to go with it GeeekPi-1024x600-Capacitive-Monitor-Raspberry/dp/B075QCXLPF on amazon which works great as a display. However the calibration on the touch is off. It also requires a resolution of 1024x600 or it displays lines all over. I tried to use ts_calibrate to calibrate the display but this just makes the screen show nothing or random lines of random colors sliding all over the place. I tried to contact the maintainer of the tslib but the email on the github page for support blocks emails. Is there another tool that I should be using instead? or is there a way to force ts to use the resolution needed by my display?

Thank you very much.

Whats the proper way to calibrate a touch display? Ive seen a handfull of guides that dont work, ive tried installing xinput_calibrate and running ts_calibrate. The latter of wich just makes my screen go crazy, and the support email in the github blocks emails. Im on an arm raspi400. Thank yall

Please review Forum Rules - Manjaro regarding Cross-Posting.
Here is a tutorial on How to provide good information and share it here. Also provide:

xinput --list

This are the best sources of investigation Touchscreen - ArchWiki and
Calibrating Touchscreen - ArchWiki

1 Like
⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ ILITEK ILITEK-TP Mouse id=7 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ ILITEK ILITEK-TP id=6 [slave pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Raspberry Pi Internal Keyboard id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Raspberry Pi Internal Keyboard id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]

ive gone through those, they arent helpful

After some readings, from what i understand about your devices: you have to make sure if you connect it via a USB hub that is a powered USB hub, connect the MicroUSB cable to your device so that it can communicate with the touch panel. Needs to use a separate USB power supply; one port is power, the other is data, otherwise will not appear neither in xinput nor in lsusb - hence not work.

it works perfectly fine, the problem is that when i run ts_calibrate it changes the resolution and my display doesnt support that so it just turns black. If I could change the resolution that ts_calibrate was running it would be fine.