Incompatible wifi antenna drivers

Solution for me was removing wifi antenna drivers.

I’m new here and due the reasons I’ll explain later, I can’t provide much of the info about the problem.

Latest update broke my desktop env, at least I think that’s what is broken. After I log in into system, after a few moments of use every GUI app freezes and not responding, be it panels, windows, etc.
I can use tty if I don’t log into system through gui, right now I’m reinstalling all the packages in hope that it’ll help. Did anyone else encountered something like this?

UPD: Issues some how related to wifi. When I’m trying to connect to it, system freezes and not responding.

UPD2: reinstalling headers, switching kernels didn’t help

1 Like

According to the latest Stable Update Announcement thread, it would seem not.

2 Likes

It is rarely the update which causes issues but third party packages.

Do you use a custom theme?

Do you use custom packages (build from AUR or other custom scripts)?

Without proper info this will stay in the dark :man_shrugging:

This might help, but most likely it won’t.

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.
  1. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

Have you already :mag: for your problem in the forum ? (Wisdom lies in asking → listening → reading :wink: )

Yes, WiFi down, plasma desktop appears eventually but quickly becomes non-functional. Sorry I don’t have the time to do a proper diagnosis at the moment.

Rather than visiting the forum AFTER you broke your system, you could think about maybe subscribing via RSS feed.

Even if you have no issues, the RSS feed will remind you there’s a thread and you can go in and vote and post there.

This is actually a mutual support forum, and by voting in the feed, it increases the accuracy of the statistics (rather than people running off to Reddit, or posting random threads…).

It’s actually quite disappointing that of all the people using Manjaro, only 99 managed to vote there.

5% had issues they could fix easily.
90% had zero issues.
5% had an issue they haven’t fixed yet and need help.

2 Likes

I fixed that for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Problems after 2023.12.10 Stable Update

This seems exactly like my issue!

I think it’s like only anki and one font from aur. I use nordic as my theme. So far Issue seems to be pin pointed to some trouble with wifi manager, it freezes the whole system. after trying to connect.

Managed to fix the issue by removing divers for my wifi antenna. Here is the user that helped me fin the solution.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.