Theming Inconsistencies

1. Manjaro GDM Settings
    there is no accessibility menu appearing on lockscreen at boot and logout whereas all distros with gnome comes with it and no green colored gnome shell on lockscreen so if its related to manjaro-gdm-branding 20221120-1 will this be updated

2. Qt6 applications theme is broken titlebar doesnot match gnome/gtk theme changing icon packs also causes problem like kate is in the picture
    Screenshot from 2024-05-02 23-47-04

3. Gnome shell extensions gtk4 desktop icons and forge overlap with each other and cannot click anywhere on screen

4. Gradience has been removed from testing and unstable branch and its not open downloaded from chaotic-aur repository

gradience                                                        ✔ 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/yapsy/PluginManager.py", line 132, in <module>
    import importlib.abc.Loader as imp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'importlib.abc.Loader'; 'importlib.abc' is not a package

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gradience", line 70, in <module>
    from gradience.frontend import main
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/gradience/frontend/main.py", line 37, in <module>
    from gradience.frontend.views.plugins_list import GradiencePluginsList
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/gradience/frontend/views/plugins_list.py", line 22, in <module>
    from yapsy.PluginManager import PluginManager
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/yapsy/PluginManager.py", line 134, in <module>
    import imp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'imp'

Your post is difficult to read to me, no punctuation makes it unclear and confusing.

:bangbang: Tip :bangbang:

When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

1 Like

Start by making yourself more understandable. And updating your profile - it says stable, and you post something about python 3.12 - which is in testing, so you are not supposed to have it.
And yes, obviously gnome and qt themes are not the same, they will never match exactly, you just try to make them match roughly.
And chaotic-aur is unsupported, and has nothing to do with theming.
p.s. i hope you sourced your .profile, for the sake of the qt env variables.

Well i moved to unstable branch for Gnome46 and i will switch to stable branch when Manjaro 24 releases. Packages having problem and issues in testing and unstable branch are posted sometimes when i use testing and unstable branch.

Unstable branch is by definition, well, unstable. Problems are to be expected there…

Edit:- I have changed the title to detract from there being any suggestion of a Manjaro Gnome issue, when these are widely known inconsistencies affecting Gnome (proper) and other DE’s.

2 Likes

It needs to be enabled by going to Settings > Accessibility and enabling the Always Show Accessibility Menu option.

Unfortunately, the login screen theme is hardcoded into GNOME Shell and cannot be themed easily.

Qt is drawing the titlebar, I don’t believe there’s anything that can be done about that.

That would be an issue to report to the extension developers.

Indeed. There is no active development and it is not compatible with GNOME 46.

Third-party repositories are not officially supported. Use them at your own risk.

2 Likes

Install qt6ct and use it to set your theme/icons for Qt6 apps.

Then add the following two lines to ~/.profile and reboot.

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt6ct
1 Like

That will not work . Dedicated packages to handle qt theming are needed to work.

When you launched qt6ct, what did you get as a list of available themes?

Manjaro is one of the most popular name among linux distros so i thought it would handle qt theming because in any desktop both gtk and qt packages will be used. Ubuntu 24 has qt6-gtk-platformtheme and qt5-gtk-platformtheme and many similar packages are available . Fedora has maintained QAdwaitaDecorations and so on . It would be nice to see packages to handle qt theming on Manjaro repositories.

There is Kvantum set on Appearence and Icons are set Parpirus-Dark-Maia

Yes, like kvantum / kvantum-qt5 and qt6ct / qt5ct to apply the Manjaro Maia theming that is default on the ISOs.

Yes, I’m currently using that since I like blue along with some patches from Fedora that upstream Qt hasn’t merged yet. Therefore, I have not added the packages to the repo. There are packages in the AUR.

Keep in mind Fedora is backed by Red Hat (IBM) and Ubuntu by Canonical. Neither Arch nor Manjaro has any sort of corporate backing like that. We are a small team of mostly volunteers.

1 Like

Uniform_look_for_Qt_and_GTK_applications#Adwaita
GTK_themes_ported_to_Kvantum
Qt#Configuration_of_Qt_5/6_applications_under_environments_other_than_KDE_Plasma

And BTW .profile is not sourced anymore, so the qt variables should go somewhere else like .Xprofile for example.

You can also see if that helps

It is with GNOME. :wink: