Theme issue with manjaro-kde-settings

Ok it’s Plasma issue, check with Breath2 2021 if problem exists. I’ve fixed this for classic Breath2 but it’s not made into repos yet.

For me the problem persists if Breath2 2021 or any other theme / color setting has been selected.

So it’s about wrong colors in Plasma or in applications for you?

can also confirm, that light color themes always have light titlebar / dark color themes have dark titlebar, even with the vanilla breeze scheme that should have dark titlebars
//
can also confirm that downgrading manjaro-kde-settings to the previous version fixes it

On my system all title text background colors in application windows and notofications etc. are wrong, for the light themes they are always light grey, independent from settings for this color. Also display manager window (sddm) colors look wrong (far too bright). I have not checked other color themes for the display manager yet, though.

Try to remove /etc/xdg/kdeglobals and relogin/reboot. Does it fix this?

Can’t say, I’m not at my desktop PC at the moment, will try this in the evening, thanks for the tip. :+1:

After removing the file /etc/xdg/kdeglobals, the problem with the titlebar colors schemes is resolved.

thanks

1 Like

great, we will update settings package shortly

3 Likes

Any idea what caused the problem with the plasma notes, i mentioned earlier?

Same issue here, grey (almost white) toolbars in Dolphin, Libre Office, and other apps when using dark theme right after upgrading manjaro-kde-settings.

Have you tried @LordTermor suggestion to remove /etc/xdg/kdeglobals and reboot?
That worked for me.

The active window titlebar color issues seems to have been resolved, however it seems that I still have some custom color settings that are not being used. The main one that I notice is when I select an icon on the desktop. I set it to display a red color behind the selection but it instead is using a black color which appears invisible against my wallpaper. I confirmed that it was, in fact, using black when I set the wallpaper to a single color which was light. Similarly, the color being used when I hover over a button on the taskbar or an item in the Application Launcher and when I select a button on the taskbar is greenish when I believe that same red setting was applying before.

This worked for me:

this didn’t solve the problem in my case

i renamed ~/.config/kdeglobals, ~/.kde4 and /etc/xdg/kdeglobals and rebooted to what is apparently the default theme, breeze, and was not able to change titlebar color in a copy of the theme from the settings UI

related issue: Active window title bar color not changing - #12 by jeramboquai

another possible issue with the last manjaro-kde-settings update:

1. open settings
  2. click ‘appearance’ menu item
  3. click ‘application style’ menu item

a dialog appears: “the settings of the current module have changed. do you want to …”

this is without having made any changes - the dialog appears most of the time, but not necessarily every time

1 Like

and another possible issue with the last manjaro-kde-settings update:

settings > appearance > splash screen: i can set it to ‘none’, but the change isn’t saved (click on another menu item, then back, and change is lost)

1 Like

I’ve got it: KDE global settings work really strange. Will try fix it a bit later as well.

After updating now, everything is fixed for me. :white_check_mark:

not here - i updated and the behavior is same as before - shall i try renaming ~/.config/kdeglobals, ~/.kde4 and /etc/xdg/kdeglobals again?