It was looking just fine an hour ago!

I cannot reproduce it - try reloading the page F5

1 Like

Sir I wouldn’t have posted if reloading would have fixed it :joy:
clearing browser cache didn’t work either

Same here lol.

Its working fine on my phone tho!

Same here

I get the same garbled results on a desktop (Arch Linux, Manjaro and Windows 10). If I view it on my tablet I get the mobile wiki which is fine, but if I ask for the Desktop version on my tablet it also changes to the garbled output.

I ran into this problem too, it looks like a problem with the implementation of gzip response encoding in whatever system is serving https://wiki.manjaro.org.

Firefox Developer Tools shows the request being sent includes Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br and the response includes Content-Encoding: gzip and the first few characters Firefox displays are:

��}�v�ȵ

Copying the headers from Firefox to curl -v -H @firefox-headers.txt produces different line noise, but piping the result through gunzip gives similar first few characters in my terminal:

�}�v�ȵ�s�

Finally, curl --compressed https://wiki.manjaro.org produces the same output as curl -H @firefox-headers.txt.

A problem with the browser is not a great explanation since different clients (curl and firefox) both show the same symptoms. It seems more likely this is a problem in the server’s implementation of gzip compression.

It’s still possible this is a client-side problem though: for example, a recent version of a client-side gzip decompression library or one of its dependencies might have a bug.

I don’t have this issue on my “desktop” firefox 83.0…

I doubt this since it appears on 4 different devices across 3 different platforms (Linux, Windows and Android).
This is server side.

Yes there is some issue with the server, @philm will look into this.

That is weird problem - I can edit wiki pages - and I can browse the wiki without issues.

2020-11-28T19:06:00Z

Screenshot

I have a Manjaro Wiki page already opened (from yesterday) and now it won’t open properly (in another tab).

More people are beginning to report this issue.

Just checked here: no issues, Firefox 83, KDE Plasma

For me it does look garbled in…

• Plasmafox 78.1.4 ESR
  • Firefox 83.0
  • Chromium 87.0.4280.66
  • Falkon 3.1.0
  • Pale Moon 28.16.0

Same issues here, but only from my laptop. On phone everything is fine… weird

Same problem here - chromium and ff.
Something is wrong…

Tsoukalos-Aliens-Meme

1 Like