[Testing Update] 2024-04-19 - Kernels, Plasma, Firefox, Thunderbird, PipeWire, NVIDIA

Hello community, here we have another set of package updates.

Current promotions

We currently have a flash sale with our partner MINISFORUM on the UM790Pro featuring the Manjaro Linux GamingEdition. Use the device either as a MiniPC or Gaming Console! Use our link to get yours. Note: US Market only!

• Find out all about our current Gaming Laptop the Hero with Manjaro pre-installed from Spain!

• Protect your personal data, keep yourself safe with Surfshark VPN: 85% OFF + 2 mo. FREE

Recent News

Previous News
Finding information easier about Manjaro

Finding information easier about Manjaro always has been a topic that needed to be solved. With our new search we have put all Manjaro data accessible in one place and divided by sections so it makes it easier to digest: New Manjaro search engine is available | Blog

Notable Package Updates

A list of all package changes can be found here

Additional Info

Info about AUR packages

:warning: AUR (Arch User Repository) packages are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Posts about them in Announcements topics are off-topic and will be flagged, moved or removed without warning.

For help with AUR packages, please create a new topic in AUR and a helpful volunteer may be able to assist you.

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, GNOME, XFCE. You can get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

• linux419 4.19.312
  • linux54 5.4.274
  • linux510 5.10.215
  • linux515 5.15.156
  • linux61 6.1.87
  • linux66 6.6.28
  • linux68 6.8.7
  • linux69 6.9.0-rc4
  • linux61-rt 6.1.83_rt28
  • linux66-rt 6.6.23_rt28
  • linux67-rt 6.7_rt6

Package Changes (Fri Apr 19 09:05:14 CEST 2024)

• testing core x86_64: 27 new and 31 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 686 new and 864 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 10 new and 10 removed package(s)

A list of all package changes can be found here.

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

2 Likes

Known issues and solutions

This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
Please, consider subscribing to the Testing Updates Announcements RSS feed

Please RTFT (Read This Fine Thread) first before reporting the same issues over and over again!

:arrow_right: 2024-04-19

2024-03-23

Konsole font rendering issue

if you use manjaro-zsh-config on Plasma 6,
please check your Font settings in Konsole:

Konsole: Open Settings → Edit Current Profile → Appearance,
click Select Font and select MesloLGS NF Regular.

2024-03-16

Plasma 6 issues with Manjaro themes & tools

Prepare for a Plasma 6 release (#2) · Issues · Release plan / KDE · GitLab

DKMS fails for v4l2loopback on 6.8 kernel

DKMS fails for v4l2loopback on 6.8 kernel (#2) · Issues · Arch Linux / Packaging / Packages / v4l2loopback · GitLab

New version of kvantum does not support QT5 theme

Install new package kvantum-qt5 for QT5 theme support
required for manjaro-settings-manager and audacious

pamac install kvantum-qt5

If Theme shows wrong colors:

cd $HOME; ln -s .profile .xprofile

Manjaro-settings-manager has light theme instead of dark

issues with auto-mount of ntfs filesystem using Kernel 6.8

The kernel changed default ntfs driver from FUSE one to ntfs3.
These two are not fully compatible, mainly as far as mount options go. If you have custom mount options in the fstab (or any other application, such as VeraCrypt) they need to be changed.

Symptoms:
Mount fails with: Device or resource busy
DMesg reports: Can't open blockdev

Solution:
Migrate your mount options. For me the changes were:

• allow_otherumask=000
  • default_permissions → [drop]
  • user_id=1000uid=1000
  • group_id=1000gid=1000

2024-02-23

gnome-keyring: ssh component is not included

ssh component is not included (#3) · Issues · Arch Linux / Packaging / Packages / gnome-keyring · GitLab

Previous testing threads:

1 Like

Since chromium 124 it no longer works with --ozone-platform-hint=auto (or --ozone-platform-hint=wayland) on Wayland KDE. (Browser opens but it’s completely transparent)

Can confirm on two separate laptops with brave 1.65.114-1 and Microsoft-edge-stable-bin 124.0.2478.51-1.

A workaround is to either use Xwayland or force Wayland mode by using --ozone-platform=wayland (so only --ozone-platform-hint is broken)

EDIT: I also found a relevant Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1c63fgz/latest_update_of_chrome_on_wayland/

1 Like

I had this problem on my system and found that going to chrome://flags, searching for ‘ozone’, and then setting the ‘Preferred ozone platform’ flag to ‘Default’ and restarting Chrome made it work.

I’m running the Gnome desktop

4 Likes

Works flawlessly. Any reason to not include nvidia-settings 550.76? Feels weird to mix driver 550.76 with settings app from 550.67.

NVIDIA has not tagged nvidia-settings 550.76. Lately they haven’t been for minor updates.