[Testing Update] 2022-04-25 - Kernels, Mesa, Gnome 42, KDE Apps & Frameworks, LxQt, Firefox, Thunderbird, Virtualbox

Hello community,

Another testing branch update with some usual updates for you. This time there is a lot changed with Gnome 42! Also we added the latest KDE Gear (Apps) and frameworks into the mix of this update cycle.

Don’t miss out on 20% discount for Easter holidays! Visit one of our Merch Stores!

• GNOME got updated to 42. More infos about theme changes in the dedicated post of this update announcement!
  • KDE Frameworks are now at 5.93.0
  • KDE Gear got renewed to 22.04.0
  • Mesa 22 got its first stable release
  • Octopi saw a new release
  • VirtualBox is at 6.1.34
  • LxQt got updated to 1.1.0
  • Firefox and Thunderbird got updated
  • More updates to KDE-git
  • As usual a lot of Haskell updates

Additional Info

Info about AUR packages

:warning: AUR (Arch User Repository) packages are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Posts about them in Annoucement topics are off-topic and will be flagged, moved or removed without warning.

:information_source: You may need to rebuild any AUR packages that install files to site-packages …

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, GNOME, XFCE. You get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

• linux49 4.9.311
  • linux414 4.14.276
  • linux419 4.19.238
  • linux54 5.4.190
  • linux510 5.10.112
  • linux515 5.15.35
  • linux516 5.16.20 [EOL]
  • linux517 5.17.4
  • linux518 5.18-rc3
  • linux515-rt 5.15.34_rt40
  • linux516-rt 5.16.2_rt19
  • linux517-rt 5.17.1_rt17

Package Updates (Mon Apr 25 03:29:43 CEST 2022)

• testing community x86_64: 2145 new and 2077 removed package(s)
  • testing core x86_64: 68 new and 65 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 897 new and 1053 removed package(s)
  • testing kde-unstable x86_64: 399 new and 398 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 40 new and 47 removed package(s)

A list of all package changes can be found here

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

9 Likes

:information_source: GNOME 42 has arrived! :partying_face:

Gtk 4 theming and Libadwaita
Unfortunately, there will be no custom theming available for Libadwaita applications. However, once the Libadwaita Recoloring API is implemented, we should be able to add Maia to the color palette.

I suggest installing the adw-gtk-theme from our community repo to make all Gtk applications have a matching theme. In Tweaks, set the Legacy Applications theme to Adw or Adw-dark. I recommend setting the Shell theme to Default or another shell theme you prefer that has GNOME 42 support.

To automatically switch the system theme and legacy application theme when toggling between the Light and Dark style in Settings, install the Legacy (GTK3) Theme Scheme Auto Switcher extension (gnome-shell-extension-legacy-theme-auto-switcher).

Qt application theming
For Qt application theming, we have switched back to QGnomePlatform for GNOME 42. qt5ct and qt6ct (Qt Configuration Utilities) may be marked as orphans. If you want to use QGnomePlatform with the Adwaita Qt style, you’ll need remove or comment the QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME variable in /etc/environment. You’ll want both qgnomeplatform and qgnomeplatform-qt6 for Qt 5 and Qt 6 applications.

New Adwaita folder icon style
If you want the new Adwaita folder icon style with Papirus, you can use papirus-folders to set it:

For example, with Papirus-Dark:

papirus-folders -C adwaita --theme Papirus-Dark

Manjaro COSMIC status
For those using the Manjaro COSMIC packages, you will need to remove them. I’ve dropped them from the repos. Once System76 finishes their new Gtk 4 applications for Pop!_OS, I’ll see about adding them.

KNOWN ISSUES

If you’re not using GNOME

If you want to change the theme of Libadwaita applications on another Gtk desktop like Xfce or Cinnamon, you can use the following commands:

Light Adwaita theme:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface color-scheme default

Dark Adwaita theme:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface color-scheme prefer-dark
5 Likes

Known issues and solutions

This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
Please, consider subscribing to the Testing Updates Announcements RSS feed

Please RTFT (Read This Fine Thread) first before reporting the same issues over and over again!

:arrow_right: 2022-04-25

2022-03-12

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.2) with this library (5.15.3)
  • Check the mirror you use is up to date:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu 
  • If you use qt5-styleplugins (AUR), rebuild it:
pamac build qt5-styleplugins
FIXED? VPN via L2TP might not work anymore

See FS#74089 - networkmanager 1.36 breaks vpn with networkmanager-l2tp

You may need to downgrade to 1.34.0:

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/libnm/libnm-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/n/networkmanager/networkmanager-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

FIXED? DSL/PPPoE may require downgrading 2 packages

See my-internet-connection-is-no-longer-working and FS#73948 - networkmanager 1.36.0 breaks DSL connection

Please check if 1.36.2-1.0 of NetworkManager improve things, else downgrade to 1.34.0:

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/libnm/libnm-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/n/networkmanager/networkmanager-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

2022-01-03

New warnings when building the fallback initcpio - Possibly missing firmware for module: bfa, qed, qla1280, qla2xxx

That’s due to the recent changes to the linux-firmware package. Note these are warnings, not errors. You only need those firmwares if you have Mellanox Spectrum switches, Marvell devices, Qualcomm SoCs, Cavium LiquidIO server adapters, QLogic devices and Broadcom NetXtreme II 10Gb ethernet adapters. if you have that hardware you can install linux-firmware-qlogic to get rid of those warnings. If you do not have that hardware you can safely ignore those warnings.

pamac install linux-firmware-qlogic

2021-12-31

Python packages from PIP and AUR - how to upgrade them - detailed instructions

Read this post.

1 Like

update Xfce / kernel 5.17.4 + mesa 22.0.1 + Nvidia 510.60 + youtube(1080p -60fps in avc1 ok ) + Steam (proton 7.0.2) is ok

only this in log

avril 25 08:38:21kernel: SPI driver ili9163 has no spi_device_id for newhaven,1.8-128160EF
avril 25 08:38:22 kernel: amd_gpio AMDI0030:00: Failed to translate GPIO pin 0x003D to IRQ, err -517
avril 25 08:38:22 kernel: usb 3-6.2: config 1 interface 2 altsetting 2 has 0 endpoint descriptors, different from the interface descriptor's value: 1

for Stable warn do not keep 5.16 series , this is EOL , they have to go to 5.17 and then remove old one if ok in 5.17

trouble on icons adwaita ( small icones in menu )
change made in apparence >
Style Adwaita and Icons Papirus-Light

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Uma ou mais assinaturas PGP não pode ser verificada

If you are using the old data in postgresql 13, you get the error after the upgrade to postgresql 14.

systemd[1]: Failed to start PostgreSQL database server.

Solution: How to migrate old sql data to new sql data.

sudo pacman -Sy postgresql-old-upgrade
sudo systemctl stop postgresql.service
sudo mv /var/lib/postgres/data /var/lib/postgres/olddata
sudo mkdir /var/lib/postgres/data
sudo chown postgres:postgres /var/lib/postgres/data
sudo su postgres
initdb -D /var/lib/postgres/data
/opt/pgsql-13/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/postgres/olddata/ start
pg_dumpall -h /tmp -f /tmp/old_backup.sql
/opt/pgsql-13/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/postgres/olddata/ stop
exit
sudo systemctl start postgresql.service 
sudo su postgres
psql -f /tmp/old_backup.sql postgres

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PostgreSQL#Upgrading_PostgreSQL

3 Likes

Zesco
This information is related to my problem
thanks

If you are using AMD, you get the error after update of Linux Kernel 5.17.4-1 or 5.15.35-1

journalctl --no-pager -p 3 -b
Apr 25 11:06:32 zesko kernel: amd_gpio AMDI0030:00: Failed to translate GPIO pin 0x003D to IRQ, err -517

It is the known issue:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220422131452.20757-2-mario.limonciello@amd.com/

1 Like

No, is Intel, not AMD

Did you get the same error?

1 Like

``

Failed to stop postgresql.service: Unit postgresql.service not loaded.
# sudo systemctl stop postgresql.service

sudo systemctl stop postgresql.service`

You misunderstood, postgresql and linux kernel have nothing to do with your issue libmediawiki.

2 Likes

Ok
But i have this eror : ```sudo systemctl stop postgresql.service
[]# sudo systemctl stop postgresql.service

Because you did not install postgresql. You do not need to fix it

1 Like

[Zesko]

digitPacotes (2) postgresql-libs-14.2-1  postgresql-old-upgrade-13.6-1

Tamanho Total da Transferência:  17,22 MiB
Tamanho Total Instalado:         51,74 MiB

:: Continuar a instalação? [S/n] s
:: A obter pacotes...
 postgresql-old-u...    15,8 MiB  9,51 MiB/s 00:02 [######################] 100%
 postgresql-libs-...  1432,9 KiB  14,0 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
 Total (2/2)            17,2 MiB  8,97 MiB/s 00:02 [######################] 100%
(2/2) a verificar chaves no chaveiro               [######################] 100%
(2/2) a verificar integridade dos pacotes          [######################] 100%
(2/2) a carregar ficheiros dos pacotes             [######################] 100%
(2/2) a verificar conflitos em ficheiros           [######################] 100%
(2/2) a verificar espaço disponível no disco       [######################] 100%
:: A processar modificações do pacote...
(1/2) a instalar postgresql-libs                   [######################] 100%
(2/2) a instalar postgresql-old-upgrade            [######################] 100%
Dependências opcionais para postgresql-old-upgrade
    python: for PL/Python 3 support [instalado]
    perl: for PL/Perl support [instalado]
    tcl: for PL/Tcl support [instalado]
:: A correr os hooks de pós-instalação...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...

After this update, plasma-comic stopped working.
Here is the issue, with the fix:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=452596

so, a new build of plasma-frameworks is needed :wink:

Why do you install postgresql? It has nothing to do with your issue libmediawiki.
I hope you understand what I mean.

I recommend you to switch to the stable branch.

3 Likes

How do i do to the stable branch?

I wonder how did you manage to switch to the testing branch :slight_smile:

Here:

sudo pacman-mirrors --api --set-branch stable && sudo pacman -Syyuu
2 Likes