[Testing Update] 2021-11-13 - Kernel, Gnome 41.1, Xorg-Server 21.1, LxQt 1.0, Nvidia 470.86, Plasma 5.23.3

30-40% decrease in RAM consumption is unbelievably high value.
Try to increase monitoring duration: may be you comparing a several days working .2 with a big number of apps used and leaved a junk in memory vs a day using .3 with less / other apps / documents you have opened.

That depends how you look at the RAM usage and if you count cache too. There is RAM usage, and RAM usage. www.linuxatemyram.com as usual for reference. RAM usage may have not changed but some programs may do different tasks at different time and that can change the value you see depending on how/what you are looking at.

//EDIT on the other had it is possible that a program had an issue in previous updates and it got fixed. I didnā€™t read anything about that but I read some time ago people ā€˜complainingā€™ that after a specific update their system was ā€˜using more RAMā€™. So it is possible. I doubt it, such a fix/improvement would probably have been advertised.

@alven and @omano: I noticed it when Iā€™m on my session (through ksysguard) without any software launched. I have no swap partition or other thing like (zswap/zram) for example. The Latte dock software is installed with a layout theme found on kde store and a global theme is also installed for plasma KDE. It is Manjaro 21.1.6 KDE minimal with the testing branch activated who is used.

Because you switch to kernel 5.15.0-2 on manjaro. There is a known Intel GPU Bug on TigerLake w/ Iris Xe. Switch back to 5.14 in order to stop the constant freezes.

GPU HANG. Kernel 5.15 on TigerLake

Are you sure itā€™s plasma, thatā€™s crashing (It could also be kwin? Are there no corefiles listed when you start coredumpctl? You can find some information on KWin de KWin/Debugging - KDE Community Wiki

Please report reproduceable bugs at https://bugs.kde.org, follow the instructions given here Get Involved/Issue Reporting - KDE Community Wiki

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: No longer able to share screen via Zoom

Well we have to see about that. For me it is more or less a monolog ā€¦

That is no surprise. Nvidia, traditionally, are focusing on Windows games (see the name for their Windows drivers: ā€œGame Ready Driverā€), and, to a lesser extent, to their workstation cards.
Linux does not have much priority for this company.