No longer able to share screen via Zoom

After this update I am no longer being able to share screen via Zoom (AUR version - I was able to share screen without any problems before). An update for Zoom also popped up later after this update, but it didn’t help. Also tried rebooting already.

I am using Gnome with Wayland on a System76 Lemp10 if that’s any relevant.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Unfortunately it’s a pretty big deal to me :confused:

Update: for anyone else having the same problem, found this: Zoom cannot share Windows/Desktop in Wayland after updating to GNOME Shell 42 (#4665) · Issues · GNOME / gnome-shell · GitLab

So either Zoom fixes it on their side, or as a workaround set global.context.unsafe_mode = true via looking glass by typing Alt-F2 and lg. (As also stated here AUR (en) - zoom)

1 Like

I think it would be better if you added the solution as another reply to your topic (instead of editing your topic) and then accept it as solution.As the ones trying to help wouldn’t have to waste time on something that was solved and the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status

please click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution

True, thanks for the feedback!

Solution/workaround below (same as the edit in the original post):

For anyone else having the same problem, found this: Zoom cannot share Windows/Desktop in Wayland after updating to GNOME Shell 42 (#4665) · Issues · GNOME / gnome-shell · GitLab

So either Zoom fixes it on their side, or as a workaround set global.context.unsafe_mode = true via looking glass by typing Alt-F2 and lg. (As also stated here AUR (en) - zoom)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.