[Testing Update] 2021-11-07 - Kernels, Haskell, Nvidia, Maui, Python, FireFox, Thunderbird, KDE Gear, LibreOffice

Reinstalling didn’t work. Removing and (re)installing it, seems to work :+1: :white_check_mark:

1 Like

@AlanP, which bug fix do you await from the 5.23.3 or just need to refresh a number?

Kernel 5.15 seems to have broken rtl88xxau-aircrack-dkms-git from the AUR.

Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.15.1-1-MANJARO (x86_64)
Warning, `dkms install --no-depmod -m rtl88xxau -v r1164.b8167e6 -k 5.15.1-1-MANJARO’ returned 10

Not a big deal since other kernels work fine. Guess we’ll have to wait for the developer to fix it.

@alven: I only want to say that a new release of Kde plasma 5.23 is planned for tomorrow. For now, Kde plasma 5.23 is not available in the stable branch. So, I guess that Manjaro Team is waiting the 5.23.3 version for provide it in the stable branch (and in the testing branch before). I remember that was the case for previous versions.

1 Like

Trying to upgrade I get this:

pamac upgrade

Preparing…
Synchronizing package databases…
Warning: manjaro-hello: local (0.6.7-2) is newer than extra (0.6.6-9)
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…
Error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
conflicting dependencies:

• libzim6 and libzim are in conflict

That never happens this way. If new Plasma is released, then it goes first to Arch Linux, then when it gets to Arch Stable, it goes to Manjaro Unstable, then Testing, then Stable when/if no issue is holding back the release to Stable.

It is not like you’re new here…

Why do you need libzim6?

$ pactree -ro libzim6

Remove one of the packages to resolve the conflict…

I don’t know:

$ pactree -ro libzim6
error: package 'libzim6' not found

$ pactree -ro libzim
libzim
├─kiwix-lib
│ └─kiwix-desktop
└─zim-tools

Are nvidia-suspend and nvidia-resume systemd services enabled?

settings manager no longer works in Plasma desktop,

anyone tried the new ntfs3 driver?

1 Like
$ zgrep NTFS /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_NTFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_NTFS3_FS is not set

ohh damn :confused: hope that gets enabled when the 5.15 hits stable release

After this update, wayland stopped launching. See:

Can other Plasma users on testing check if they have the same problem? Thanks

I checked on my side and both processes are dead - hybrid session. Is that normal or not? Should I activate them or configure in optimus-manager to enable them once in hybrid mode?

I thought it could help in case of broken suspend with Nvidia cards.
It is normal to have them disabled by default, it’s up to user to decide whether to try them or not.

2 Likes
2 Likes

What would dkms say then when building for that kernel I wonder…

I think it might fail but dkms error are not critical and other modules will still compile so in theory nothing to worry about.