[Testing Update] 2021-05-12 - Kernels, KDE Frameworks, Plasma, Systemd, Mesa, LibreOffice, KDE Gear Mobile, FF, TB

But that’s not how it works here so you’ll have to deal with it.

:rofl:

I’ll manage :innocent:

To add something useful: After the update, I had to adjust a few systemd config files (mainly journald.conf and resolved.conf) because they changed.
Is there a pacman-hook that notifies me after the finished update where *.pacnew files appeared? Finding the notifications in the update log is not nice.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Pacnew_and_Pacsave

EDIT
You can install meld and use it to simply manage pacnew files:
sudo -H DIFFPROG=meld pacdiff

I punch in pacdiff -o

I made exactly the guide for you lol [HowTo] Create a pacman hook to detect .pacnew files

//EDIT: beware, it now contains an error I can’t fix (not my mistake), make sure the executable path is consistent in script and hook.
//EDIT2: it is now fixed and should all work as intended.

1 Like

Ever since Frameworks got updated to 5.82, it seems trying to search files via Dolphin outside of one’s home folder causes kdedinit5 errors like inotify_add_watch(/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections) failed: (Permission denied) and QWidget: Cannot create a QWidget without QApplication, resulting in filenamesearch. to dump core. Seems to be another oopsie in KDE’s end that people are already reporting on their bug tracker.
Just so you know :grin:

Edit: To clarify, this crash occurs with any root-only folder or file the search comes across first. So the directory can differ on each occurence.

maybe related to 430862 – Kde5init crashes in ThumbnailProtocol::get() every time I take a screenshot or start the computer , but that should have been fixed in 5.82 (which is the case for my occurance of this bug with preview-images in notifications)

Yes, I had that issue before, but this started happening after Frameworks was updated to 5.82

Same problem since this update with compiz.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/testing-update-2021-03-15-kde-frameworks-gnome-grub-vhba-modules-python-haskell/58060/27
I think that compiz must be rebuilt again.

Hello,
after update I switched off my pc.
Yesterday I went to start it again and it didn’t boot with kernel 4.19.
I tried twice with no results. Then I tried with 4.14 and it booted up normally.

I collected my journalctl about two sessions with boot error.
I’m not able to understad how is the problem and which package could be the couse of that.

See the journalctl here

Which opinion do you have about it?

@zomberman
First:
sudo mkinitcpio -P
sudo update-grub
Second:
install kernel 5.4 /and -or 5.10
Third:
check CMOS-Battery voltage >= 3.0V)

I answer to myself.
The problem comes from libprotobuf.so. Some softs such android-tools compiz-easy-patch mixxx_beta-git are also impacted:

File "/usr/bin/ccsm", line 98, in <module>
    import compizconfig
ImportError: libprotobuf.so.26: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

mixxx: error while loading shared libraries: libprotobuf-lite.so.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I try to give a link but

[libprotobuf FATAL google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:87] This program was compiled against version 3.15.7 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, which is not compatible with the installed version (3.16.0).  Contact the program author for an update.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "/build/compiz-easy-patch/src/compiz-0.9.14.1/compizconfig/libcompizconfig/src/compiz.cpp".)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'google::protobuf::FatalException'
  what():  This program was compiled against version 3.15.7 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, which is not compatible with the installed version (3.16.0).  Contact the program author for an update.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "/build/compiz-easy-patch/src/compiz-0.9.14.1/compizconfig/libcompizconfig/src/compiz.cpp".)
Abandon (core dumped)

Edit
Mixxx works with Link ln -s /usr/lib/libprotobuf-lite.so.27 /usr/lib/libprotobuf-lite.so.26

We dropped compiz-easy-patch from our repos. Please rebuild it from the AUR.

Thanks. I finaly droped out compiz from my computer to /dev/null…
Too often issues with currents updates.

Just got this error when trying to update via pacman:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing pamac-gtk (10.1.2-2) breaks dependency 'pamac-gtk=10.1.2-0.2' required by pamac-gnome-integration
1 Like

My mouse pointer just temporarily froze. While it was frozen, I was unable to press the Windows key to bring up the application menu in KDE. That never happened before this update.

It seems like pamac-gnome-integration has a hardcoded version dependency on pamac-gtk=10.1.2-0.2.

Looks like a bug to me… Or is it a case of missing updated version of pamac-gnome-integration?

I have exactly the same problem.

I did not apply any updates.
I need advice on this.

looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing pamac-gtk (10.1.2-2) breaks dependency 'pamac-gtk=10.1.2-0.2' required by pamac-gnome-integration

From GUI
Screenshot from 2021-05-17 05-02-21
Warning: installing pamac-gtk (10.1.2-2) breaks dependency ‘pamac-gtk = 10.1.2-0.2’ required by pamac-gnome-integration
Add pamac-gnome-integration to remove

This worked. Thank you. Funny, i dont know why i have plasma-primex installed in the first place. must be needed by something… i dunno… maybe compiz.

Considering pamac-gnome-integration is still there: PKGBUILD · ff346e718c01f0994bd905259beb196dab7917c9 · Packages / Extra / pamac · GitLab

I’d say it’s a case of the Manjaro maintainers forgetting to publish an updated version of the package?

/cc @philm?