[Testing Update] 2020-08-23 - Kernels, LibreOffice 7.0, KDE-git, Mate 1.24.1, GCC 10, Python, Haskell

You’ll have to install libreoffice-fresh if you want 7.0. :wink:

Ah, I didn’t really mess with much when I changed from stable to testing, will check it out, thank you :slight_smile:

Updated my system without any problems…

Although because the first install was made with 0.8.13 version some details related to systemd startup got changed in one of the latest versions namely the remove of the “telinit” command …

I didn’t get on Cinnamon.
I hope It will came in few days. I so curious about Libre Office

you mean LibreOffice 7.0?

1 Like

@Yochanan just put it as clear as it gets.
The libreoffice-fresh package always points to the latest version.

So:

sudo pacman -S libreoffice-fresh

and you get LibreOffice 7.0

I am also having trouble with LibreOffice 7. Currently I am running v6.4.5.2 but the only update I see is for LibreOffice Math (libreoffice-fresh) 7.0.0-1 (6.4.5-2) and there is no mention of other LibreOffice applications. I can’t even find libreoffice-fresh among the software anymore (only search hits regard language packs for libreoffice-fresh). Also, searching among already installed applications, the only hit I get is for LibreOffice Math, even though I previously installed the whole libreoffice-fresh package and I am able to launch Writer, Calc etc. Something is wrong…

EDIT: Seems to have solved itself after running:
sudo pacman -Syyu

sudo pacman -S libreoffice-fresh
[sudo] password for axe: 
warning: libreoffice-fresh-6.4.5-2 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) libreoffice-fresh-6.4.5-2

Total Installed Size:  395,33 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        0,00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] n

but

yay -Ss libreoffice-fresh
aur/papirus-libreoffice-fresh-rpm-theme-git 20170228-1 (+0 0.00) (Orphaned) 
    Papirus theme for LibreOffice-Fresh RPM (git version)
aur/libreoffice-fresh-rpm 7.0.0-1 (+18 0.64) 
    LGPL Office Suite installed from rpms
extra/libreoffice-fresh-zu 6.4.5-1 (255.8 KiB 1.4 MiB) 
    Zulu language pack for LibreOffice Fresh

I think I should wait little bit more

@maxemilian Use pacman-mirrors -f5 && pacman -Syy libreoffice-fresh

Yes and no, I vaguely remember this being a result of appstream data pamac is using.

edit: found it:

Hi @philm, I cannot use virtualbox (v6.1.12) on kernel 5.8.3 anymore. When it starts, it freezes the whole system (KDE on nvidia driver).
That happens both with and without virtualbox-ext-oracle.
It works on my laptop with hybrid-intel drivers.

Is this a known issue?

1 Like

Receiving the following for virtualbox:

Packages (1) virtualbox-host-dkms-6.1.12-3

Total Installed Size:  9.97 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                  [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                     [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                               [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                             [##############################################] 100%
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Remove upgraded DKMS modules
==> dkms remove --no-depmod -m vboxhost -v 6.1.12_OSE -k 5.7.17-2-MANJARO
==> dkms remove --no-depmod -m vboxhost -v 6.1.12_OSE -k 5.4.60-2-MANJARO
==> Unable to remove module vboxhost/6.1.12_OSE for kernel 5.8.3-2-MANJARO: Not found in dkms status output.
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling virtualbox-host-dkms                                         [##############################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Install DKMS modules
==> dkms install --no-depmod -m vboxhost -v 6.1.12_OSE -k 5.8.3-2-MANJARO
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.8.3-2-MANJARO (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/vboxhost/6.1.12_OSE/build/make.log for more information.
==> Warning, `dkms install --no-depmod -m vboxhost -v 6.1.12_OSE -k 5.8.3-2-MANJARO' returned 10
==> dkms install --no-depmod -m vboxhost -v 6.1.12_OSE -k 5.7.17-2-MANJARO
==> dkms install --no-depmod -m vboxhost -v 6.1.12_OSE -k 5.4.60-2-MANJARO
==> depmod 5.8.3-2-MANJARO
==> depmod 5.7.17-2-MANJARO
==> depmod 5.4.60-2-MANJARO

The /var/lib/dkms/vboxhost/6.1.12_OSE/build folder does not exist.

would love to know more info on this, couldnt find much info on SKIA on forum

Hi

You can enable skia vulkan or raster rendering from the advanced settings page of libreoffice.

Just open that page and search for skia keyword and enable skia from those settings. if your gpu supports vulkan just enable force skia and enable skia. Otherwise you need to force skia raster option as well.

2 Likes

Finally today getting all of update packages, also getting new LO Fresh 7.0 without any trouble on upgrade.

I had to revert back to kernel 5.7 to have VirtualBox working…

1 Like

if anyone is experiencing the same issue and not following my thread - it seems to be related to apparmor - sudo aa-complain /usr/bin/akonadiserver fixes it. :slight_smile:

I had to do the same, 5.7 works as expected.

I also experienced an issue with pusleaudio with the new 5.8 where pulseaudio was crashing… I haven’t been able to look to much into it as I reverted back to 5.7 for virtualbox for my workflow. Will look for a new 5.8 update that supports Virtualbox to see if I still have the issues with pulseaudio.

thanks man, this worked for me!
:100: